more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2 quotes re yesterday

Started by Southcoastffc, August 15, 2021, 12:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

I love this sentiment from Silva after yesterday:
"You have an idea, and the players are buying that idea," he explained. "It's not just my ideas, it's Fulham Football Club's idea." :clap_hands:

And, how about this for a beautifully bitter quote from what may well be a Huddersfield source:

"Mitrovic actually had the audacity to wheel away and celebrate the goal as if he scored a 30-yard screamer."  :005:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Statto

The first goal got a lot of attention on Twitter for its general ugliness.

For me, as a minimum you have to give Mitro credit for closing down the keeper. Actually the way it came at him so suddenly, fast and unexpectedly, I think he has then done quite well to just use his knee/thigh to direct it back towards the goal. People on Twitter were saying he fell and it just hit him, but I think it's deliberate and he's just had to improvise with a different part of the body. Ok it still looks ugly but he has the right to celebrate it like any other IMO.

Same with Onomah's goal as it happens, a decent strong header at the far post, and it's just their calamitous keeper's silly flapping that makes it look like a weird/fluke/soft goal. 

ALG01

Quote from: Statto on August 15, 2021, 12:42:47 PM
The first goal got a lot of attention on Twitter for its general ugliness.

For me, as a minimum you have to give Mitro credit for closing down the keeper. Actually the way it came at him so suddenly, fast and unexpectedly, I think he has then done quite well to just use his knee/thigh to direct it back towards the goal. People on Twitter were saying he fell and it just hit him, but I think it's deliberate and he's just had to improvise with a different part of the body. Ok it still looks ugly but he has the right to celebrate it like any other IMO.

Same with Onomah's goal as it happens, a decent strong header at the far post, and it's just their calamitous keeper's silly flapping that makes it look like a weird/fluke/soft goal.

the first goal was a conedy of errors from them and a bit of brilliance from mitro seeing the opportunity arise and having the brain to get on his bike and close it down. Ok it wasn't elegant and he even slipped, but he did his job and got lucky and that is the old adage, the harder I practice and the harder I work the luckier I get. he deserved tp wheel away, I would have, it didn't hit him on the backside when he was looking the other way, he worked hard for it.

Finnans Right Peg

The 1st goal was a reward for hard work off the ball ,if Mitro doesn't close down the keeper we don't get a bit of luck .If we do the right things more often than not you get rewarded

filham

When you are coming out of the goal drought that we have been through any goal, however ugly or lucky, is to be celebrated with great joy.

Lighthouse

Our first goal should never have counted. The ball was out and should have been our corner. On saying that, you can hardly blame Mitro for at last having a slice of luck by slipping and connecting.

But while we can worry about our defensive frailties against better sides. Our insistence on going for it long after 'it' had been packed away and on the way home says more about Silva and the sides current attitude than anything else. Refreshing to see a bit of freedom and not stale, dull, by the numbers football.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 15, 2021, 12:22:31 PM

And, how about this for a beautifully bitter quote from what may well be a Huddersfield source:

"Mitrovic actually had the audacity to wheel away and celebrate the goal as if he scored a 30-yard screamer."  :005:

And why not? In the end the deflected rebounds count the same as the 30-yard screamers.
It's not: How beautiful? it's: How many?

H4usuallysitting

We got a bit of luck with the first goal....VAR would've given a corner....but we deserved it.....& Mitro bust a gut to get into a closing down position

Nero

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 15, 2021, 06:13:30 PM
We got a bit of luck with the first goal....VAR would've given a corner....but we deserved it.....& Mitro bust a gut to get into a closing down position

Didnt give one for Brentford first one on Friday when Chambers look he played it back when off the pitch

Southcoastffc

I'm slightly surprised no-one has commented (unless elsewhere in a different thread) on Silva's remarks about Fulham's ideas. I'm really pleased with what he said, implying IMO that Fulham's philosophy is (now?) his philosophy. He seems to me not to be as self centred as some previous managerial incumbents.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Nero on August 15, 2021, 06:24:48 PM

Didnt give one for Brentford first one on Friday when Chambers look he played it back when off the pitch

Ive never heard of brentfud.....the Huddersfield keeper looked about 3 foot behind the line

bobby01

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 15, 2021, 06:47:01 PM
Quote from: Nero on August 15, 2021, 06:24:48 PM

Ive never heard of brentfud.....the Huddersfield keeper looked about 3 foot behind the line
. He has got long legs though
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Ronnief

I don't believe that VAR is used for judgements such as this. Any decision from the referee or assistant referees would have been guesswork. There is no clear evidence that the ball crossed the line, therefore the goals was good even if very lucky.

Carborundum

Mitro has every right to celebrate that goal.  Keeper's "clearance" could have gone anywhere and Mitro found a way to connect with it.  In it went. 

Kiwimike

As Jimmy Greaves was once quote " I don't care if it goes in off my bum, it's still a goal and one of mine."
I don't care how Mitro got it there it was a goal and one of ours.

Wolf

Awful decision making by Huddersfield keeper to keep it in play / put it into Mitro's path. If a backpass is that dangerous leave it go for a corner and give your defender a short sharp appraisal.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Rupert

Quote from: Wolf on August 16, 2021, 08:42:25 AM
Awful decision making by Huddersfield keeper to keep it in play / put it into Mitro's path. If a backpass is that dangerous leave it go for a corner and give your defender a short sharp appraisal.
I saw a report which stated, after our second goal, that the reporter then understood why their keeper was so desperate to stop a corner for our first goal. Their defence was a little short of confidence against us. Hopefully we have more of that to come.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Logicalman

Quite simply, if Mitro was not in the right position then it wouldn't have hit him and gone in. He put himself there, and therefore deserved to celebrate a goal that HE scored.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.