more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silva wants anguissa to stay.

Started by General, August 17, 2021, 09:36:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Questionable headline.

The material quote from Silva is, "With Frank and all the others, I want them 100% involved. I want all of them with a desire to work and win football matches in this shirt."

To me that says, "I want anyone who's here to be committed." Not "I want Anguissa to stay."

General

Depends on whether they were said as stand alone statements or were coupled together. Suppose there's no way to 100% know. But anguissa and seri did both play last match and seri has been part of both match day squads. Admittedly there seems to be a bit more ambiguity with anguissa after he was left out of the squad for match day one. We'll see.

I think, for what its worth, that Silva would like to have them both after window closes.

ALG01

If silva really wants them and tells them as much and gives them a proper chance and neither favours or discriminates against them because of the speculation... I am happy with that.

If they perform for silva that is brilliant and good for the cause, anything else is the past.

The Old Count

Quote from: ALG01 on August 17, 2021, 01:09:40 PM
If silva really wants them and tells them as much and gives them a proper chance and neither favours or discriminates against them because of the speculation... I am happy with that.

If they perform for silva that is brilliant and good for the cause, anytrhing else is the past.
Spot on.

Hatch007

We can only speculate but I'd love to know if Silva would prefer to keep Anguissa and Seri or sell them at a price he's happy with (PROVIDED THAT there are clubs out there willing to pay what he deems their reasonable market value to be) and reinvest the funds in new players.

Hypothetically, if we could sell Anguissa and Seri for a combined c. €40m would you accept the deals and seek cheaper replacements?

Before deciding you should take in to account factors such close proximity to transfer window closing and new players having to bed in / good enough for the PL if we are promoted whereas Seri and Frank are in-situ and have been through pre-season with Silva and the squad.

Genuinely interested to see the boards' responses

FulhamStu

A fully committed Seri and Anguissa would be perfect if we can afford the ffp hit.

MickyAdamsFamily

I think the question of the whether we should keep the players or sell for a market price is interesting, and a subject for discussion, but I don't believe that 40mil is a realistic price. If we were to get offers that far above the market, it would probably be an easy decision. I think that Fulham would be very lucky to get 30mil combined.

Penfold

Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on August 17, 2021, 04:18:14 PM
I think the question of the whether we should keep the players or sell for a market price is interesting, and a subject for discussion, but I don't believe that 40mil is a realistic price. If we were to get offers that far above the market, it would probably be an easy decision. I think that Fulham would be very lucky to get 30mil combined.

Agreed on fees. I think Seri in his last year? If there is an extension option I'm not sure.

Hatch007

Yeah I agree that €40m is ambitious but the Khans have proved not to be a selling club so I imagine they'd look to recoup as much as possible from the initial outlay.

Lest we forget TK said in an interview he'd have sooner run down Sess's final year of his contract and got another season's performances from him before selling him to Spurs for a penny less that FFC's valuation. Fair play to him and his father for that stance

MickyAdamsFamily

Also, Seri is 30 years old already

MickyAdamsFamily

I believe that 40mil is not ambitious, it's unrealistic (bordering on fantastical)

Hatch007

Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on August 17, 2021, 04:44:12 PM
True that. So what fee do we reckon the club would accept for Seri alone? For Anguissa, I'd certainly look to recoup as close as possible to what we paid for him as he's still only 25 and under contract beyond next season

Hatch007

Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on August 17, 2021, 04:55:02 PM
I believe that 40mil is not ambitious, it's unrealistic (bordering on fantastical)
I tend to agree but my point is more that I don't believe TK will sell Anguissa at a huge loss. I think he'd sooner keep him and hope he'll be happy here next season if we get to the PL.

The player may have already agreed personal terms with another club but agreeing a fee with TK is a whole different ball game

Twig

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 17, 2021, 04:57:18 PM
True that. So what fee do we reckon the club would accept for Seri alone? For Anguissa, I'd certainly look to recoup as close as possible to what we paid for him as he's still only 25 and under contract beyond next season

For Seri I'd guess about £10m tops and for Zambo perhaps just shy of £20m, maybe 18?

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Hatch007 on August 17, 2021, 04:57:18 PM

As Anguissa has 2 plus years on his contract and he is still young - then we could get anything between £18-£24m dependent on how many clubs are competing to buy him.

Seri - we would be lucky to get £3-4million

MickyAdamsFamily

My imagined valuations are about the same as edmundo's, but I think we might get up to 5 for Seri if we're fortunate (but that's unlikely).
I believe that Silva is looking to see if he can salvage Seri, because It's hardly worth selling him, as his value has plummeted and his wages are high. Particularly worth considering when Reed and Cairney are out w/injury now (and possibly will be again, if history teaches us anything).
Anguissa, however, is a very valuable asset, the priciest player at the club.

grandad

Why can´t Shad Khan get Flexngate to sponsor us for say a 100 mil. If Man City can why can´t we.
Where there's a will there's a wife