more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Carvalho or R Sessegnon?

Started by General, August 18, 2021, 09:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Quote from: shepperton white on August 19, 2021, 10:26:23 PM
Fabio, Sess and Harvey - what a fantastic front three they would have been.  However we are left with just Fabio, just hope he signs for another three years

Does make you wonder. The academy has really come into its own in wigleys second stint at the club and developed some fantastic talent as you mention. We need to find a way though to get to a point where we can hold on to these players and make them excited to stay for longer.

Did we ever get a fee settled for elliot? I forget.

Kingjay81

Hi all, first post....glad to be here!

For me, Sess used to just be in the right place at the right time to score a goal but I never felt excited by his play. He never got me off my seat, but did score many crucial goals.

I was at Millwall on Tuesday night and Fabio was scintillating. He has flair and a swagger about him that Sess doesn't possess. I can't wait to see him play on Saturday and never felt that way about Ryan. I feel we have a real talent on our hands here and can't wait to see his development.

COYW!!

perry geyton

I'm with KingJay on this one

Sess didn't cut the mustard in the premiership I'm sorry to say, a decent fairly overhyped championship level player I reckon and failed miserably as they all do at Spurs BUT we got Onomah out of the deal who's a far better player so I'm not really complaining plus 25 mil. of coarse....

Fabio on the other hand has already proved himself somewhat in the premiership and in my opinion is by far the superior player and will grow with age to be a top draw player

hope he has the brains to stay with us and mature under  fellow Portuguese countryman Marco

The Rational Fan

Quote from: General on August 19, 2021, 11:36:36 PM
Quote from: shepperton white on August 19, 2021, 10:26:23 PM
Fabio, Sess and Harvey - what a fantastic front three they would have been.  However we are left with just Fabio, just hope he signs for another three years

Does make you wonder. The academy has really come into its own in wigleys second stint at the club and developed some fantastic talent as you mention. We need to find a way though to get to a point where we can hold on to these players and make them excited to stay for longer.

Did we ever get a fee settled for elliot? I forget.

Harvey Elliott's fee was "£1.5m plus bonuses" paying for Kebano's contract extension. Fulham was very pleased.

Andy S

Let's be honest about this. We got lucky when we sold Sess for the money we got. Spurs got mugged for once. I don't think we have missed him as so far he hasn't set the world alight. Elliot is a different story. Liverpool got him dirt cheap and the Jury is still out. We haven't lost anyone else of note for Peanuts although Dan Burn seems to be one of our ex academy who are doing ok

winterline

Currently it's too early to say.

Sess seemed to be pure gold, then came the very 1st PL match vs Crystal Palace , Wan-Bissaka totally shut him down, that's when my view of him cracked and it never got better.

Carvalho has only been on the 1st team for a very short time and only played one position and he's done a fantastic job so far, will it continue? I really hope so but this is the Championship and until we see him face regular high caliber defenders we can only speculate. More caution this time as I did not think Sess would have such a hard time in PL.

rebel

Quote from: Kingjay81 on August 20, 2021, 12:49:19 AM

For me, Sess used to just be in the right place at the right time to score a goal but I never felt excited by his play. He never got me off my seat, but did score many crucial goals.

I was at Millwall on Tuesday night and Fabio was scintillating. He has flair and a swagger about him that Sess doesn't possess. I can't wait to see him play on Saturday and never felt that way about Ryan. I feel we have a real talent on our hands here and can't wait to see his development.

COYW!!

I agree 100%.

Statto

Quote from: perry geyton on August 20, 2021, 04:18:41 AM
Fabio on the other hand has already proved himself somewhat in the premiership

My word

Somerset Fulham

I still don't get how a pretty succesful season in the Bundesliga counts as failing.

grandad

Too early to choose. The Big Clubs try to buy up all the promising young tallent. They buy them , often on the cheap, to loan out year after year. If they do develop they then sell them which creates the funds for their  £100 million acquisitions. It is never their intention buying these kids with a view to having them in their 1st team squad.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Colton F.C.

Best keep the jury out on Fabio.  Recollections of Sess may vary.

perry geyton

Quote from: Statto on August 20, 2021, 11:52:40 AM

My word
?
He put in a few solid performances and scored No ?

Sessagnon on the other hand did nothing

sunburywhite

Quote from: Kingjay81 on August 20, 2021, 12:49:19 AM

COYW!!

I am 100% with you on this, I found myself looking for where he was on the pitch and what he was going to do

I did say he was like the Maesrto in so many ways because he was splitting play and dictating what was happening next
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Dodgin

I saw Carvalho at 16 playing with the Under 23s against Bromley side he was our best player on the pitch and he's going to great for us but it seem's some need reminding of how the support felt about Sess when we chanted "He's One of Our Own".

Kiwimike

Part of the reason Sess left for Spur was their manager, Pochettino, who only lasted a few more games before the sack, then came Moaner, who, for all his talk of promoting youngsters, doesn't.  Hence they shifted Sess to a loan deal.  Things may change under Nuno.

bill taylors apprentice

Sessegnon was brilliant for us and there's no reason why he can't be a successful PL player except ..........
Being at a PL club that rarely plays him means he could be a wealthy but unfulfilled young man.

Sessegnon should be doing in the PL what Carvalho is doing for us now in the EFL but I wonder if he lacks the football brain of Carvalho?

Today, there's no guarantee Sess could reproduce his scoring for us after 2 seasons in the cold so I would vote for Carvalho!

Statto

Quote from: perry geyton on August 20, 2021, 08:46:25 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 20, 2021, 11:52:40 AM

My word
?
He put in a few solid performances and scored No ?

Sessagnon on the other hand did nothing

Except score
  :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh: