watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Picking up a vibe at the game last night

Started by Riversider, August 18, 2021, 01:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

That I've not felt since those seasons under Adams and Tigana , the unity between Manager, players and fans feels unbreakable and Blackpool away after the international break could become legendary,
It's going to take two exceptional sides to stop us getting automatic promotion,
I said before the season started that we would get off to a stuttering start followed by Marco Silva winning manager of the month in September,  maybe I was wrong,  maybe he's going to win it in August.

rebel

The 'biggie' is performance, I get the Joka Promotion squad, unbeaten runs etc. The depth / quality of squad, the ability to interchange players and still win is telling. We've got 4 first choice players out, who normally would be selected.

Riversider

I should also add that over the last couple of seasons there has been a cross over of 20/20 match day songs into football,  the most notable being sweet Caroline,  Fulham haven't got on board with this yet, last night at kick off Millwall played Hey Jude to try and drown out the booing of the taking of the knee, let me just say this song went down as well as any song sung last night, a song that bridges the generations,  maybe Fulham can reconsider some of their song selections

bencher

Consistency is key. Under Slavisa we had games where we looked a cut above and then some where we did not score when we needed to and got picked apart. The early signs are very promising but we won't have a clear picture until we have played about 12 games.

rebel

Quote from: bencher on August 18, 2021, 02:30:10 PM
Consistency is key. Under Slavisa we had games where we looked a cut above and then some where we did not score when we needed to and got picked apart. The early signs are very promising but we won't have a clear picture until we have played about 12 games.

I think were were much better then that under Joka.

bencher

Quote from: rebel on August 18, 2021, 02:42:17 PM

We never finished in the automatic promotion spots in our 2 good seasons under Slavisa, because we were always playing catch up after average starts to the season. In the first one we didn't get into the play off spots until the last month or so. In the second one it took a 23 match unbeaten run to get close to 2nd place.

Arthur

Quote from: Riversider on August 18, 2021, 02:28:37 PM
I should also add that over the last couple of seasons there has been a cross over of 20/20 match day songs into football,  the most notable being sweet Caroline,  Fulham haven't got on board with this yet, last night at kick off Millwall played Hey Jude to try and drown out the booing of the taking of the knee, let me just say this song went down as well as any song sung last night, a song that bridges the generations,  maybe Fulham can reconsider some of their song selections

We do have Andy Williams' 'Can't take my eyes off you' - which has, for several seasons, aired as the players leave the field after a winning performance. But, I agree, it would be nice to add another such song at the start of a game. Ironically, I did e-mail to the Club a few years ago suggesting that 'Hey Jude' be played as the teams came onto the pitch prior to kick-off.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: bencher on August 18, 2021, 02:46:11 PM
Quote from: rebel on August 18, 2021, 02:42:17 PM

We never finished in the automatic promotion spots in our 2 good seasons under Slavisa, because we were always playing catch up after average starts to the season. In the first one we didn't get into the play off spots until the last month or so. In the second one it took a 23 match unbeaten run to get close to 2nd place.

Don't forget that Silva has a history of starting brightly at new clubs before everything collapse after a couple of months. Things look very promising at the moment but the only thing that matters is top2 after 46 games. Hopefully we will keep improving. We still waste far too many chances and we also look far too vulnerable at the back against crosses/set pieces.

H4usuallysitting

I'm thinking (hoping) Marco has understood what has failed in the past.... plus we've got a very strong squad, that know this league inside out