watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When Will the Bubble Burst?

Started by somerset cockernee, August 21, 2021, 11:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

somerset cockernee

I don't think it will, I know we are only 3 games in but I have been looking on other forums and they all fear us.

keithh

WhiteJC

Hull are a bit of a bogey team for us so if we get a draw I'll be happy

FFC In Oz

Quote from: whitejc on August 21, 2021, 11:32:30 AM
Hull are a bit of a bogey team for us so if we get a draw I'll be happy

We haven't played them in a number of years though, so wouldn't be too many players from either side that lined up the last time we played.

Hopefully we put an end to that today :)

Woolly Mammoth

Just take each match as it comes, it saves disappointment and heartache.
Because the higher up the mountain you go, the more treacherous the path.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Huxley

I still remember the 5-1 loss a few years ago and then the very long bus ride home...

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Huxley on August 21, 2021, 11:58:45 AM
I still remember the 5-1 loss a few years ago and then the very long bus ride home...

Then revenge will be sweet.

Never forget your Roots.

Pock

I live in East Yorks these days and play golf with lots of Hull fans. They say that they don't know where the 4-1 against PNE came from, since then they have lost three on the bounce and looked toothless, didn"t lay a glove on QPR or Derby.
Expect them to stuff us!

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

somerset cockernee

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

General

Bubble doesn't genuinely exist until we play 15 games or so and have a better idea of how this team has fared.

Atop of that, seasons are always split into two halves so bubble is recreated again come january/February time as some teams simply fade or get sussed second time round.

Will that happen to us?

Maybe.

What I have noticed is that our play is currently defined on a pass and move dynamic - creating space etc, which given the relentlessness of the games in this league could prove to be an issue as is a more fitness reliant and tiring way to play, especially of 46 or so games.

That said the issue will be mitigated quite heavily if we keep this squad and maybe add one more CM. If we do that then I think we'll have a group of players more than capable of rotating in and out and keeping the same levels of play, quality and energy.

Especially if players like Reed, Kongolo and Cairney (less hopeful on cairney) also make it back into full fitness and stay fit for a long period.

TC's Sporran

Balham Boy

We're looking great but only thing bubble related is picking up injuries.....3 already today.....

somerset cockernee

Quote from: Balham Boy on August 21, 2021, 04:41:48 PM
We're looking great but only thing bubble related is picking up injuries.....3 already today.....
agreed but that is inevitabubble

WindyCity

I admit I had my doubts heading into this season, but so far FFC has really looked good.  Was able to watch entire 2nd half on stream and FFC totally bossed that game (Hull).  I don't think Hull had shot on target 2nd half?  So far so good for FFC.  Long way to go yet.  Nice to finally get a clean sheet.

COYW

H4usuallysitting

He was never the same after Michael Jackson