https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mawson played well

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, August 21, 2021, 05:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitestone

Quote from: Luka on August 21, 2021, 06:46:30 PM
He was a carbon copy of TR today.
One went off, the other came on. Identical in all aspects.

Perfectly put. He had an excellent game.

Whitestone

Quote from: Milo on August 21, 2021, 06:21:05 PM
Hull were poor in attack, zero quality, little threat.

Mawson was good in air, however was caught for pace on a few occasions and bailed out by Gazza.

Still shaky for me.

Disagree. Couldn't possibly describe Mawson's performance as shaky. I don't recall him being bailed out by Gazza once. I came away with a very positive view of his game and thankful that he that he slotted in seamlessly.

Pluto

Both him and Ream are top players at this level and still Kongolo to come back too. Can't go wrong with the options we have for centre back.

HV71

Pleased he is back . Played well and hopefully he can stay fit. Deserves a break - had a rough time .

colinwhite

maybe the signings of mawson and seri could come good at last.

Twig

Ream was looking immense before he had to go off, great anticipation, commanding in the air, good distribution what was not to like? That said Mawson did really well when he came on credit to him. Just great to have such strength and, as others have said, Kongolo still to come. Let's just celebrate the quality we have and enjoy it.

SP

Quote from: AJW48361 on August 21, 2021, 06:21:04 PM
Boy a fickle lot you all are Mawson has had some dogs abuse  on here now he is the 2nd coming.

A few of us have stated on a number of occasions that there's a decent player there if he can get over his injury problems.  Lets hope he can get a run of injury free games under his belt now.

HillingdonFFC

Also playing in his favoured position, on the left, where he played for Swansea

Statto

He's a top player. Played half our last promotion campaign and did a good job. People forget this, I think because of the lockdown interval. He probably won't manage the next 42 games but I'll guarantee he does a lot more for us this season than bloody Kongolo

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on August 21, 2021, 09:16:49 PM
He's a top player. Played half our last promotion campaign and did a good job. People forget this, I think because of the lockdown interval. He probably won't manage the next 42 games but I'll guarantee he does a lot more for us this season than bloody Kongolo

The way I see it, if both can float between others injuries enough of the time to keep racking us points, who cares. As long as we keep winning! My saints friends keep suggesting Tosin is heading their way as well......

Somerset Fulham

Statto is on the money here. The guy was on the verge of an England call up when we signed him, it was quite a capture. 

Injuries mean that won't happen now, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a very good player in there if he can stay reasonably fit.

cookieg

I always look at the "x played well today" as if it's a complete surprise to people that x should have a good game. As mentioned Mawson was a top player and we signed him. Ream is at his level now and is really solid as he was before.