watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mawson played well

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, August 21, 2021, 05:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Looks fully fit now. Won quite a few headers - can't remember him making a mistake. Good cover for out first choice back line - and may even force himself into the starting eleven.

keith

Tabby

Was always a good player on this level at least, just have to hope his knees hold up.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 21, 2021, 05:49:58 PM
Looks fully fit now. Won quite a few headers - can't remember him making a mistake. Good cover for out first choice back line - and may even force himself into the starting eleven.

He is just so solid as a defender. Always feel confident when he is in the defense. Think Ream has been immense this season, but do not believe it is a coincidence that the club's 1st clean sheet came with Mawson playing the majority of the game.

Fulham 442

Thank goodness we had him available to come on when Ream went off injured.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Tabby on August 21, 2021, 06:07:48 PM
Was always a good player on this level at least, just have to hope his knees hold up.

Yup.  Other than his health, never really doubted his ability at this level.   And with Robinson on his side, his lack of pace can be protected.

Fingers crossed he stays healthy...

ChesterTheTabby

Didn't put a foot wrong. Ream's injury is very worrying... based on his pain, and he's a true fighter, that could be at least Christmas until he's back.

What news on Tete?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Fulham 442

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on August 21, 2021, 06:11:44 PM
Didn't put a foot wrong. Ream's injury is very worrying... based on his pain, and he's a true fighter, that could be at least Christmas until he's back.

What news on Tete?
I just started a thread regarding our injuries.  I agree Ream looked bad.

AJW48361

Boy a fickle lot you all are Mawson has had some dogs abuse  on here now he is the 2nd coming.

Milo

Hull were poor in attack, zero quality, little threat.

Mawson was good in air, however was caught for pace on a few occasions and bailed out by Gazza.

Still shaky for me.

Deeping_white

Helps he was allowed to play on the left which was his preferred position when he excelled for Swansea but his physical and technical ability was never the issue, it was just keeping him fit. Hopefully with an extended period to come back to full health following his Bristol injury, we can keep him on a run of games in the side because he has to be a long term option (if we can keep him fit). Worth noting that I don't think he lost a header once he came on, and he and Tosin both seem to be leader types so you can be sure that we'll be well marshalled with the two of them at the back

FFC1987

Quote from: AJW48361 on August 21, 2021, 06:21:04 PM
Boy a fickle lot you all are Mawson has had some dogs abuse  on here now he is the 2nd coming.

I know. Imagine applying criticism on a player when he's done poorly and praising him when he does well. Fickle lot hey.

MartyFFC

Cost a whopping 15 million as I recall; as others have said if his knees hold out, he's more than adequate backup for Tosin & Ream

Luka

He was a carbon copy of TR today.
One went off, the other came on. Identical in all aspects.

S.F.Sorrow

Mawson looked solid. I personally think he is a better defender than Ream when fully fit but his injury record is horrible. Lets hope Ream makes a fast recovery. We may need him soon. It looked like a really bad injury but according to Silva it probably isn't too serious. Fingers crossed.

Count Flapula

Quote from: Luka on August 21, 2021, 06:46:30 PM
He was a carbon copy of TR today.
One went off, the other came on. Identical in all aspects.

Both played very well (Ream was the best player on the pitch IMO before he had to go off and Mawson defended excellently), but not identical. Ream is much more probing in his forward passes than Mawson but I'd say Mawson more solid in a pure defending sense. Both have their different merits.

Mawson was passing square and back a lot first half compared to Ream (not knocking him, just an observation) but I think Silva must have told him at half time to carry the ball forward more when no pressure put on him and be braver in possession as there was a definite change second half.

We are blessed with options in every position at this level presently - particularly CB.

MartyFFC

My mate hung around after the game like a fanboy and after having a selfie with Fabio, he said that Ream told him he reckoned it would only be a week

Dunstable Fulham

I thought he did very well today. Delighted for him

WolverineFFC

Quote from: MartyFFC on August 21, 2021, 06:53:14 PM
My mate hung around after the game like a fanboy and after having a selfie with Fabio, he said that Ream told him he reckoned it would only be a week

Sounds about right, although with Ream's back history I'd expect 2-3 weeks. I imagine he bruised the area right around his sciatic nerve which is why he could not put his weight on that leg. Hopefully some treatment and rest and it will be healed up quickly.

davew

Think most celebrated his signing and then after the first injury disappointed and then after the next 1 opinions changed and then to a point we had bought a player who was a liability, maybe who knows? Hopefully he will stay injury free to play enough games for us to get promoted, he is good enough!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)