watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Motorcycle parking

Started by SpanishFFC, August 24, 2021, 01:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpanishFFC

I'm travelling to CC by motorbike on Saturday and am looking for some advice as to where I can park the bike safely.
Happy to park up near Putney Bridge and walk down if there's less chance of the bike getting damaged. TIA

bobbo

I ride my Vespa to most games you can park free any of the roads leading to the ground . I park in harbord st . Look out for my grey Vespa park near to .there's stewards and occasional police around so it's pretty safe . Touch wood I've had no probs over 30 years
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Craven_Chris

I drove to the game last Saturday and I found that Crabtree Lane and the roads North and East of that are unrestricted on Saturday's (no charges). There was ample parking (for a car) from 1pm until about 1:30 at which point it started to get full. Its residential and quiet so I would think low risk for damage, and I would guess easy to find parking for a motorbike. 10 minute walk from the ground. I would assume that for a motorbike, it would always be easy to find a parking spot between the cars so you could leave it later.

Woolly Mammoth

Same with my Horse and Cart, as long as I leave Dobbin a Nose Bag he is sweet as a nut.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fernhurst

Slap bang in middle of Stevenage Rd was the parking spot for my Lambretta, however I was going in to watch Dennis Law.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Ronnief

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 24, 2021, 02:11:51 PM
Slap bang in middle of Stevenage Rd was the parking spot for my Lambretta, however I was going in to watch Dennis Law.
Likewise I used to park my Lambretta LI 150 there, however I believe there are one or two motor cycle parking bays near the ground. Perhaps our more modern motorcyclists might be able to update on that. 092.gif

fulhamtom

I park in Woodlawn Road j/w Finlay street. As stated above stewards are very close by and often police pass through. Have you a top box for your helmet etc as I believe you are unable to bring it in and you can leave it at the school near that junction. Not 100% sure of that as I use a top box.
Lastly as from the end of October you will need to be ULEZ compliant. I e. Have a newer bike. Mine is P reg so looking for a new model, more gentrification and keeping out of us riff raff!

SpanishFFC

Thanks all. I've just emailed the club to see if I can take my helmet in as that could be a deal breaker if not

deecee

In my experience they won't let you take your helmet in any more. They will offer to store it for you though, I think they have a locker somewhere near the ticket office. I use a Lidlock since they started getting tough on helmets inside the ground.

SpanishFFC

Quote from: deecee on August 24, 2021, 09:05:10 PM
In my experience they won't let you take your helmet in any more. They will offer to store it for you though, I think they have a locker somewhere near the ticket office. I use a Lidlock since they started getting tough on helmets inside the ground.

Quote from: Luka on August 24, 2021, 11:05:26 PM
Got one of these....works a treat for me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-Lockable-Helmet-Bag/dp/B00YBOIVZC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1M0393W3V8DPK&dchild=1&keywords=oxford+lockable+helmet+bag&qid=1629842628&quartzVehicle=78-11276&replacementKeywords=lockable+helmet+bag&sprefix=oxford+helmet+bags%2Caps%2C197&sr=8-1

(It only really works with a full face helmet).

Hadn't thought about locking the helmet to the bike....doh! Problem solved!  :Haynes The Maestro:

rebel

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 24, 2021, 02:08:55 PM
Same with my Horse and Cart, as long as I leave Dobbin a Nose Bag he is sweet as a nut.

Yes, but your horse gets 'squished' every-time,  a 10 ton Woolly Mammoth, you need to get some stabilizers for the cart.

Enfield

Quote from: Ronnief on August 24, 2021, 03:03:43 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on August 24, 2021, 02:11:51 PM
Likewise I used to park my Lambretta LI 150 there, however I believe there are one or two motor cycle parking

bays near the ground.

Yep, used to park my TV175 there as well.

bobbo

Quote from: SpanishFFC on August 25, 2021, 07:01:38 AM
Quote from: deecee on August 24, 2021, 09:05:10 PM

Quote from: Luka on August 24, 2021, 11:05:26 PM
Got one of these....works a treat for me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-Lockable-Helmet-Bag/dp/B00YBOIVZC/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1M0393W3V8DPK&dchild=1&keywords=oxford+lockable+helmet+bag&qid=1629842628&quartzVehicle=78-11276&replacementKeywords=lockable+helmet+bag&sprefix=oxford+helmet+bags%2Caps%2C197&sr=8-1

(It only really works with a full face helmet).

Hadn't thought about locking the helmet to the bike....doh! Problem solved!  :Haynes The Maestro:
yes spanish thats the best thing to do i do exactly that you can park motorbike free in any of the roads leading up to the ground dont be put of by charges or residents bays its totally free for motor bikes
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rebel on August 25, 2021, 09:22:16 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 24, 2021, 02:08:55 PM

Yes, but your horse gets 'squished' every-time,  a 10 ton Woolly Mammoth, you need to get some stabilizers for the cart.

Yes my horse is normally very stable, but he has started to refuse to come out before dark, he's a nightmare.
I have even tried banging two other horses together to make the sound of a coconut, but he refuses to get saddled with that also.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.