watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker and Bournemouth Thread

Started by blingo, August 24, 2021, 08:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Its a shame because I like the way Parker stood upto Magarth when he wanted to fine the youngsters and Parker wrote him a cheque but I feel he hasnt learnt his trade as a manger yet
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: sunburywhite on August 24, 2021, 09:42:08 PM
Its a shame because I like the way Parker stood upto Magarth when he wanted to fine the youngsters and Parker wrote him a cheque but I feel he hasnt learnt his trade as a manger yet

As last season wore on - it was clear he had no plan B when A was not working. We kept playing the same way after Jan.

St Eve

Don't be so harsh. Norwich only made 10 changes and Bournemouth had 2 shots, one of which was on target.

blingo

You made me laugh Mr Somerset .hahahahahahaa

Ruislip White

Sums it up.

Silva: 62% possession and 16 shots versus their 2.
Parker: 51% possession and 2 shots versus Norwich's 16.

For anyone that ever asks 'what is Parkerball', that's should explain it in a nutshell!

Forever Fulham

I can't bring myself to speak ill of the man.  But I can say possession percentage stats flatter to deceive when the possession isn't meaningful.  That is, absent forward movement, absent an attacking mentality. 

Lighthouse

Norwich are a Prem side now so slightly ridiculous to compare stats. Besides Parker is no longer a part of Fulham so why we have this obsession with him is beyond me.

Good luck to him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFC1987

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 24, 2021, 10:20:17 PM
Norwich are a Prem side now so slightly ridiculous to compare stats. Besides Parker is no longer a part of Fulham so why we have this obsession with him is beyond me.

Good luck to him.

Probably because a section of the fanbase kept aligning him to Bobby Robson and giving him every excuse under the sun. Then you have the manner in which he left. Plus, his demise directly benefits us. So yeh, I like seeing him fail to be honest.

Ruislip White

Good luck to him.
Those stats tell the same old story that we experienced day in day out.  Parker is a big part of the club's recent history and we're now seeing a complete contrast in style under Silva, which further validates the opinions of those who thought we were dull, boring and lacked purpose under Parker.
So actually, it is perfectly OK to talk about Parker in this context.  Using the words 'obsession' or 'ridiculous' to try to invalidate that view doesn't make it any less legitimate.

H4usuallysitting

Good luck to him.

I think Norwich played there B team

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Good luck to him.

I was one, quite vocal, supporter of Parker for a bit longer than I should have been. But towards the end, even I could see just how dire and inexperienced him as a manager was/is. Will he come good? Perhaps. Do I like the way he left? Absolutely not. Hopefully now tho, as his PR machine (which is incredible I might add) work over time, maybe others will see what we suffered for all that time.

Gezza

I am sorry but I think a manger who got us promoted in his 1st year in the job deserves a little bit more respect than what he is getting.

Herbie

I get why people want to bash him, it's only natural given the way season ended and the way he left, but I won't gloat too much as he did give us that memory of getting one over Brentford at Wembley.  Don't get me wrong, the scoreline tonight made me smile, but let's move forward

Ruislip White

Quote from: Gezza on August 24, 2021, 10:50:43 PM
I am sorry but I think a manger who got us promoted in his 1st year in the job deserves a little bit more respect than what he is getting.
I don't think anyone is disrespecting him personally.  His style of play is being criticised, which is fair. 

FFC1987

Quote from: Ruislip White on August 24, 2021, 10:58:00 PM
Quote from: Gezza on August 24, 2021, 10:50:43 PM
I don't think anyone is disrespecting him personally.  His style of play is being criticised, which is fair.

If anything, his demeanour and professionalism are what gets him the respect.

Andy S

Parker is being paid well for his work as a coach. And I'm sure he won't sleep easy tonight

Dunstable Fulham

I don't want to apologise to the fans who have watched that tonight ! That's what he said ... he is a
loving joke isn't he. Thank god is he is no longer our manager.

cookieg

I don't know  Bournemouth but does this show a lack of depth in their squad?

Lighthouse

Quote from: Ruislip White on August 24, 2021, 10:32:07 PM

Good luck to him.
Those stats tell the same old story that we experienced day in day out.  Parker is a big part of the club's recent history and we're now seeing a complete contrast in style under Silva, which further validates the opinions of those who thought we were dull, boring and lacked purpose under Parker.
So actually, it is perfectly OK to talk about Parker in this context.  Using the words 'obsession' or 'ridiculous' to try to invalidate that view doesn't make it any less legitimate.

I do so enjoy a reply that has no actual baring on what was put. Where do you get the idea I was trying to invalidate the view. I simply said, if you actually read what was said that I didn't understand the obsession with Parker.  Yes it is ok if you and others  have your obsession of picking on an ex managers results when they are bad. But I just don't understand it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Pluto

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 24, 2021, 11:31:09 PM
Quote from: Ruislip White on August 24, 2021, 10:32:07 PM

Good luck to him.

I do so enjoy a reply that has no actual baring on what was put. Where do you get the idea I was trying to invalidate the view. I simply said, if you actually read what was said that I didn't understand the obsession with Parker.  Yes it is ok if you and others  have your obsession of picking on an ex managers results when they are bad. But I just don't understand it.

What's not to understand about it? Ruislip explained really well why people want to talk about Parker and how those discussions are relevant.