News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will Stoke be the cat amongst the pigeons?

Started by 3 Cherries, August 25, 2021, 08:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Cherries

Our first genuine test - they look pretty good (no more Pulis long balls) - we need to win this before the international break 

MickyAdamsFamily

Anyone seen Stoke this season? Their record matches ours, but I don't know how well they actually have played. Strengths? Weaknesses? Any hood intel?

MickyAdamsFamily

Hatch007

Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on August 25, 2021, 08:52:08 AM
That was supposed to be "good intel"
If you ever make a typo in future you can press the modify button above-right of the original post, edit as required then click save 😉👊

blingo

We  will beat them. We have a much stronger squad and they wont cope with Harry, or Robinson. Mitro will scare the life out of them and score AGAIN.

Whitestone

There will be a hiccup or two along the way of course but we don't need to fear any other team in this division with the squad that the manager has. The Stoke game is very winnable just like all the others.

3 Cherries

Just cannot stand the idea of going into the international break on the back of a loss

junior white

Michael O'Neil is doing well there, he has them playing quite well from the hilights i saw on the sky website. Will be a tough challenge i think of course I could be totally wrong

They have beaten Reading, Forest and Swansea and drawn with Birmingham

bobby01

Stoke have played Forest,Swansea, Birmingham and Reading. I think we have had the tougher matches so far.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Cookie6262

Stoke are looking good and will be up in the play offs, they appear to be playing some fantastic passing football and this will be a real marker, a win would be massive.
In midfield they have Tom Ince, Joe Allen, Sam Clucas, Vrancic, Nick Powell who have plenty of premiership and international experience between them. Upfront Steven Fletcher is always capable of sticking the ball in the net and they paid £5 million for Sam Surridge. At the back a lot of experience in players like James Chester and Danny Baath. Confidence will also be sky high in there camp after a very good start exactly the same start as us.

While I believe we are the best team in the division in our day unlike previous games an 80% performance won't get us 3 points here this will be one of our toughest challenges against a promotion rival.

MickyAdamsFamily

Thanks cookie, nice analysis.
Not much is easy in this league, and overconfidence won't help us get results.
Luckily, I think Silva will take them very seriously, and he'll prepare the team well.
Here's hoping...

unionist_ffc

Their manager has done a fine job.

We will be favourites but expect a tough outing

Somerset Fulham

Certainly our toughest test yet and although we should win, I don't see any reason for complacency or arrogance on our part.

Jules

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on August 25, 2021, 10:52:43 AM
Certainly our toughest test yet and although we should win, I don't see any reason for complacency or arrogance on our part.
Exactly. It's very early days and we must respect every opponent. Teams will cause us problems and we must not get complacent. I think Marco and the team will remain professional though as they have been so far. It's a long season with lots of games to play and we need to keep going with the same high tempo and attitude to win games.

FFC1987

For me, could be a real indicator of where we are and likely going. Win comfortably, and the wave we're riding continues. Narrow draw, not end of the end but will start to beg the question how we'll fare against in form/top 6 clubs. Lose, and maybe we aren't quite as dominant as we think we are.

Craven_Chris

I have talked about this on some other threads, but I think this will be a really big test of the tactical approach used by Fulham so far. I think its likely that Stoke, with a strong midfield themselves, will be able to pass their way through the Fulham counter-press when we lose possession, if they do, they may be able to create high-quality goal-scoring chances on the counter-attack because Fulham's typical attacking play this season has involved pushing so many players into the attacking third of the field.

It will be interesting to see if Fulham moderate their attacking approach in anticipation of this, will we see players overlapping as much, particularly the full backs? Will we be as direct as we have been, or will we try to control the ball more (like under Parker)? Or perhaps Fulham will play the same way as usual, in which case, will they be able to suppress the counter-attack as they have done so effectively so far?

rebel

If we play 'Millwall Plus' then we should win. Wilson should be back, so 'Millwall Plus' is on.