Main Menu

Cup

Started by tonywildman, August 25, 2021, 10:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonywildman

_Putney_

Looks like it's leeds at home

The Rock

I thought we should have done better vs. them last year and am sure with Silva we'll have right go and can beat them.

Silva vs Bielsa too. Should be pulsating.

Blawarmy

Should be a good one. See how the new look Fulham do against them.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes looking forward to turning them over, it would be good to get their scalp, and will be a great boost for the team and club as well as supporters. Make Craven Cottage a Fortress again.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Ludlow Richard

We've only ever played Leeds once in a cup competition. It was the League Cup, at home, in 1969. We lost 1-0. But these are different times!

filham

Hard to get excited about this match, concentrating fully on staying top of the Championship right now.

Twig

I don't get how people can't get excited about a cup game against Leeds. Each to their own but I'm well up for this one.

grandad

In the Championship you don´t get many chances to play against a huge PL side. Ahemm.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Slaphead in Qatar

I hope Silva plays a strong eleven - would be good to measure us against PL opposition.

Twig

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 26, 2021, 12:32:17 PM
I hope Silva plays a strong eleven - would be good to measure us against PL opposition.

Absolutely agree. Sadly I suspect it will be a reduced strength eleven with one or two first choice players on the bench.

Lighthouse

See no point in playing a strong 11. Promotion and keeping the best side for the league games is priority. The amount of games in the Championship doesn't allow for extra matches in the cup.

A game against a Prem side in the League cup is an annoying distraction.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WindyCity

Quote from: Twig on August 26, 2021, 12:59:25 PM
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 26, 2021, 12:32:17 PM
Absolutely agree. Sadly I suspect it will be a reduced strength eleven with one or two first choice players on the bench.

On the other hand, Leeds likely also to do the same.  Not sure how this game can be a true 'measure' as some are indicating.....

DanVerSar

Not worried about a cup run if it means we continue our good league form. These are good opportunities to field 'fringe' players and give minutes to those that haven't had a chance.

RaySmith

Leeds took us apart last time at the Cottage, though we'd ended up running them close at their place earlier in the season, and nearly went on to win, after being three down, I think.

But that game at the cottage still rankles, when they  were first for very ball, and looked so much  faster and more committed than us.
So it would be great to get our own back, and beat them, but it is the Cup, as said, and the league is more important, and both sides will probably be playing second tier type elevens.

It would be great to beat them, though, and be a real morale booster.

Buffalo76

Will Leeds outnumber our support? They'll most likely fill the whole of the Putney End, as they always travel in huge numbers.

RaySmith

Quote from: Buffalo76 on August 26, 2021, 06:09:43 PM
Will Leeds outnumber our support? They'll most likely fill the whole of the Putney End, as they always travel in huge numbers.

They'll have a lot of London based fans too.