watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What happened to Jack Wilshere?

Started by General, August 26, 2021, 09:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

On his day he was absolute class. Shame injuries derailed his career.

The only way I see him coming back now is if he signs a pay as you play contract. If we lost Seri and Zambo and didn't bring anyone else in, I could be tempted by a pay as you play contract. But to be honest I think his career is over.

St. Andrews White

I think some of the comments on here are harsh.

He had an interview in the Athletic in which he opened up about how tough he'd found it not having a club, how it affected his kids and tha he had no offers on the table currently. He did train with Derby but didn't get a contract.

I wish him all the best, and maybe he could even do a job here, although I think most likely he'll go abroad.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

blingo

Quote from: St. Andrews White on August 26, 2021, 03:53:43 PM

He had an interview in the Athletic in which he opened up about how tough he'd found it not having a club, how it affected his kids and tha he had no offers on the table currently. He did train with Derby but didn't get a contract.

I wish him all the best, and maybe he could even do a job here, although I think most likely he'll go abroad.

So he wasn't good enough for derby but u think he could do a job here?????? :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Marcel_Gecov

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 26, 2021, 04:36:08 PM
Jack Wilshere or Phil Jones?

Wilshere, even when injured, I'd preferred over fudging Phil Jones.

Nick Bateman

Wilshere, horrible player and personality. Always diving, blames everyone but himself for his mistakes. Bad attitude, one would not wish this chap in one's dressing room.

Good riddance!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Nick Bateman on August 27, 2021, 12:26:41 AM
Wilshere, horrible player and personality. Always diving, blames everyone but himself for his mistakes. Bad attitude, one would not wish this chap in one's dressing room.

Good riddance!

I feel sorry for every player that debuts for England before their 19th Birthday its a complete curse with insane exceptions and giving the youth an almost certain injury ruined career.

Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen are the only exceptions to an "injury ruined career". And even though Michael Owen's career wasn't "ruined by injury" it was still "plagued by injury".

When Jack Wilshire debuted for England, his career was cursed. England needs to learn their lesson and stop debuting kids like back in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.

Herbie

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 27, 2021, 12:36:31 AM

Good riddance!

I feel sorry for every player that debuts for England before their 19th Birthday its a complete curse with insane exceptions and giving the youth an almost certain injury ruined career.

Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen are the only exceptions to an "injury ruined career". And even though Michael Owen's career wasn't "ruined by injury" it was still "plagued by injury".

When Jack Wilshire debuted for England, his career was cursed. England needs to learn their lesson and stop debuting kids like back in the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s.

Not sure I see the link with international appearances and injuries.  If they weren't called up for the senior squad then they would still be called up for the under 23s.  I do agree that there's an element of having played at a high level for a long time that takes it toll, but that's more a function of playing for their club week in week out.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 27, 2021, 12:36:31 AM

Good riddance!

Do not see how you have come to that conclusion, where do you get these ideas from, I do not see the connection, there is no basis for it.
Every individual player and the way he is made is different and a lot of it depends on conditioning and fitness.  Perhaps you had better cease conversing with your mate from men in tights, it is clearly disturbing the balance of your mind as you are normally more rational than this.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Good riddance!

Apart from the contents of your explosive rant.
Why else does one not like him ?

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 26, 2021, 11:49:14 AM
Quote from: blingo on August 26, 2021, 11:45:51 AM
Do we really need another sick note with psychological problems?

Yes because it keeps the gossips gossiping and then they have an escaped goat to scapegoat.

You have in mind a replacement for Loftus Cheek from last season.

MartyFFC

Fella can't go to the toilet without injuring himself

St. Andrews White

Quote from: blingo on August 26, 2021, 04:28:24 PM

So he wasn't good enough for derby but u think he could do a job here?????? :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Or Derby couldn't put a squad together and offer more than a tuppence to play for them.

Each to their own eh

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

blingo

Quote from: St. Andrews White on August 27, 2021, 10:50:37 AM
Quote from: blingo on August 26, 2021, 04:28:24 PM

Or Derby couldn't put a squad together and offer more than a tuppence to play for them.

Each to their own eh

For sure lol

Fulham 442

Apparently the Wigan chairman has said he can play for them if he likes!

Zoppa77

Jack is many thing, but a victim is not one of them.

Woolly Mammoth

Good riddance!

He is a very artistic and creative player, something most teams are looking for providing of course if he can stay fit.
He speaks well of you except when you made a complete tool of yourself on big brother in 2010 when you finished 5th.
Although to be fair all the participants generally do.
I do not categorise you in this but the pattern these days in a lot of TV reality programs and shows and even adverts why do they fill them full of freaks and odd balls who then parade around like the Z list non celebrities they are, you must have come across a few yourself.

Never forget your Roots.

MartyFFC

He was Arsenal's main man and a starter for England for a brief period. Talk about a career ruined by injury