watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What happened to Jack Wilshere?

Started by General, August 26, 2021, 09:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Currently a free agent and recently mentioned possibility of retiring, quoting a conversation with his kids where one asked why no clubs wanted him, to which he implied he struggled to answer.. so maybe not just fitness related.

Know he was a bit of an injury risk at arsenal but when he did play at times was unplayable.

Since then has gone to west ham and Bournemouth and failed to set world alight, so why was that?

Could he do a job for us in this team? Sounds like he may be slightly depressed and mentioned regretting having left arsenal when he did instead of fighting for his place, which happened a while ago.

Anyone know why he failed to succeed at Bournemouth? What's going on with him as an individual?

I think we're light in midfield, especially centrally. Surely his wages would be quite low and there's no fee to pay.

H4usuallysitting

Didn't his signature at Wet Spam give him a 3 year contract worth £5m a year

Tabby

He still wants to get paid 80k per week, that is what has happened.

Craven Mad

Exactly that - it's not that 'no clubs want him', it's that no clubs want him at £80k per week!

Rangers offered him a fair contract, at around £20k per week, and he rejected it. He'd have linked up with Gerard, giving him an English manager who understands the CM role, and have been playing European football. He's without a club because of greed, nothing else.

shepperton white

A post on the Bournemouth website claims he is training with Derby

Herbie

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 26, 2021, 10:05:21 AM
Exactly that - it's not that 'no clubs want him', it's that no clubs want him at £80k per week!

Rangers offered him a fair contract, at around £20k per week, and he rejected it. He'd have linked up with Gerard, giving him an English manager who understands the CM role, and have been playing European football. He's without a club because of greed, nothing else.

Is it greed? Or is it pride that is getting in the way?

The Rational Fan

What happened to Jack Wilshire?
He debuted young for England at 18 years and 222 days, and his career was ruined by injury,

Who are the "Five Retired Players" that have debuted before "19 years old"?
FULL LIST since WWII: 1 Theo Walcott, 2 Wayne Rooney, 3 Michael Owen, 4 Micah Richards, and 5 Jack Wilshire.

Who out of "Five Retired Players" that have debuted before "19 years old" has had the least injury-affected career?
At first place for least injury affected by miles and miles is Wayne Rooney, but horrifically at second place for least injury affected career is Michael Owen, third place is Theo Walcott, fourth place is Jack Wilshire with Micah Richards being the most injured.

What happened to Jack Wilshire?
Same as most players that debut for England before their 19th Birthday, their body is ruined by 29 years old.

England's Obessision with playing youth in the England Team only destroys their bodies. Jack Wilshire is a victim.

Lordedmundo

Some quite hateful comments about him below the article in the Daily Mail, which he doesn't deserve.

However, I just don't think he is the sort of player that is going to bring anything positive into the squad, even if he stays fit.  He plays the game at a slow pace, which may have fitted in well last season, but certainly doesn't now.  He is similar to Seri, but nowhere near as good.  What we need in midfield is a bit more tenacity (basically cover for Reed) and Wilshere doesn't offer that.

A resounding no from me!

filham

Always thought he was a good player especially in an England shirt and was finding it difficult to understand why he seems not to be wanted.
However as soon as his wage demands were mentioned I thought he deserves to be on the scrap heap.
I just can't understand how anyone is not prepared to play football for £20,000 per week.

Tabby

Quote from: filham on August 26, 2021, 10:15:37 AM
Always thought he was a good player especially in an England shirt and was finding it difficult to understand why he seems not to be wanted.
However as soon as his wage demands were mentioned I thought he deserves to be on the scrap heap.
I just can't understand how anyone is not prepared to play football for £20,000 per week.

He is probably hoping that there will be some desperate team willing to pay more around deadline day.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on August 26, 2021, 10:15:37 AM

Tony Khan could offer Jack Wilshire £500 per minute playing time, which could earn Jack Wilshire £40,000 per week.

rebel

He's had a few 'purple patches', but never the consistency or influence to prolong a career.

FFCFOREVER

Free agent now. Always thought he was technically good but hampered by injuries. Shame really

Somerset Fulham

I thought he had other issues as well as injury and chasing a big wage?

blingo

Do we really need another sick note with psychological problems?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on August 26, 2021, 11:45:51 AM

Yes because it keeps the gossips gossiping and then they have an escaped goat to scapegoat.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: blingo on August 26, 2021, 11:45:51 AM

I wasn't aware he had psychological problems; genuine question - what are they about, is there some history of mental health issues?

bog

With the thread of injury prone players I read 'we' were thinking of Phil Jones! No thanks!  :doh:

092.gif

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

On his day, one of the best midfielders this country had, but injury has ravaged him. He now allegedly smokes like a chimney, which isn't gonna help.
But, if its true he is still asking for £80k a week, I'm not sure there are many clubs that can afford to pay him with such a high risk of him being injured. But if he believes he's worth that a week, then I doubt he'll drop his demands.

Nero

Quote from: shepperton white on August 26, 2021, 10:07:36 AM
A post on the Bournemouth website claims he is training with Derby

Everyone is training with Derby