https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Ronaldo back to Utd

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 27, 2021, 06:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Apparently turned down £15m/year at city....what sort of deal has he accepted

love4ffc

"Cristiano Ronaldo has agreed a sensational return to Manchester United, the club announced on Friday, in a €15 million deal with a potential further €8m in add-ons, according to ESPN sources."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4462369/cristiano-ronaldo-agrees-stunning-man-united-return
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

FFCFOREVER

Great news. The best player in my lifetime to grace a football pitch .The complete striker. Looking forward to watching him play.

grandad

That works out at £ 400k a week. Sheer madness. F***k FFP
Where there's a will there's a wife

grandad

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on August 27, 2021, 06:17:07 PM
Great news. The best player in my lifetime to grace a football pitch .The complete striker. Looking forward to watching him play.

You never saw Pele, Haynes, Best, dive & scream like a little girl when touched. Good player, yes , but not the best in my lifetime.
Where there's a will there's a wife

H4usuallysitting

Sky Italia reporting 2 year deal......£50m in his sky, no questions asked

Lighthouse

Another player who left to seek fame and fortune but failed and has to to his English club to find fame again.  :005:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: grandad on August 27, 2021, 06:23:59 PM

You never saw Pele, Haynes, Best, dive & scream like a little girl when touched. Good player, yes , but not the best in my lifetime.
Don't care about all that crap. He is a genius on the pitch. End of.

NJFulham

Quote from: grandad on August 27, 2021, 06:21:19 PM
Fee is 15m because he is 36, not wages.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

filham

Yes, lots of players from the old days earning £20 per week that I would place ahead of Ronaldo.

Dr Know

I'm looking forward to watching him dive and scream like a little girl  !

davew

How come we didn't sign him, no ambition at FFC!! (LOL)
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

AnOldBrownie

You can still watch almost all of his games online. Calling him a "good" player must be one of the understatement of the year. He may not be Pele,  but he's a legendary footballer.

Sent from my SM-T307U using Tapatalk

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: filham on August 27, 2021, 06:34:58 PM
Yes, lots of players from the old days earning £20 per week that I would place ahead of Ronaldo.

Who cares what players earn? Damn, if you was offered big money you wouldn't turn it down. Agree that players dive and that nowadays but they do entertain and him more than most. Unfortunately it's the modern game now.

junior white

That's what they are paying Juventus 15 million euros with another 8 in add ons

cottage expat

Quote from: NJFulham on August 27, 2021, 06:30:24 PM
Fee is 15m because he is 36, not wages.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Exactly.Transfer fee.  I'm sure he'll get a decent wage though.

MartyFFC

Be good to seem him finish his career over here; the GOAT in my opinion

HamsterWheel

I remember him at The Cottage years back. Sat in the Riverside then, and in one quiet spell he was very near us on the pitch by the touchline and my missus (who don't like him and thinks he's a showoff) yelled "PooHead" at him. He gave her a very odd look....

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: MartyFFC on August 27, 2021, 07:18:47 PM
Be good to seem him finish his career over here; the GOAT in my opinion
Agreed. Done the business some of Europe's top, top clubs, won the Euro's (almost single handedly) as well and still fighting fit.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 27, 2021, 06:57:15 PM
You can still watch almost all of his games online. Calling him a "good" player must be one of the understatement of the year. He may not be Pele,  but he's a legendary footballer.

Sent from my SM-T307U using Tapatalk

Yeah, he's better IMO. I know Pele won 3 world cups, but the entire Brazilian team was amazing as well. They're both absolutely elite - but did Pele conquer all the major leads and continue playing like a mad man until he was 36? No.

Ronaldo has Won Portuguese League and domestic cups. Won English League, domestic cups, international cups. Won Spanish league, domestic cups, international cups. Won Italian league, domestic cups. Won Euros. Is 36 and still prolific.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"