watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer window

Started by Andy S, August 29, 2021, 03:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Who are the major players we could lose?

The Rational Fan

I am certain that offer would be considered for any player that hasn't featured that could be sold for an FFP profit.

Craven Mad

I feel like the club will certainly be open to offers for Anguissa, Knocks and Christie. The former in that list is clearly worth quite a bit still, and the latter two are just outside of first team plans.

As TRF says above though, in reality everyone has their price.

AJW48361

Seri, Frank, AK,Cyrus,and maybe a few younger players loaned out.

Stevieboy

Can't see Seri going now, he is clearly enjoying his football and seems an integral part of our current system......and he's got a song !!!

steed the legend

You all have to be realistic about shifting fringe players. The likes of Fabri, Anguissa, Knockaert, Christie, Hector etc are all on amazing contracts negotiated by our DOF which are way above the quality that they offer. Therefore the players would not want to leave, and other Clubs will not want to pay transfer fees or wages to match what they are on now.
Accept the fact that they will all be here until their contracts expire.
Will the DOF learn from this before we suffer FFP penalties?

filham

Quote from: steed the legend on August 29, 2021, 12:43:21 PM
You all have to be realistic about shifting fringe players. The likes of Fabri, Anguissa, Knockaert, Christie, Hector etc are all on amazing contracts negotiated by our DOF which are way above the quality that they offer. Therefore the players would not want to leave, and other Clubs will not want to pay transfer fees or wages to match what they are on now.
Accept the fact that they will all be here until their contracts expire.
Will the DOF learn from this before we suffer FFP penalties?

The answer of course is to let them go for a low transfer fee so that the buying club can pay in wages what they have saved in transfer money.
However I suspect the only player wanted by other clubs is Anguissa and we are not prepared to part with him for a low fee.