watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Lookman coming back

Started by MartyFFC, August 30, 2021, 04:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyFFC

To the premier league with Leicester City apparently, who are closing in on a loan deal. Be interesting to see how he fares at what is essentially a top-6 club nowadays.....

perry geyton

I can picture him doing well there

Deeping_white

Quite maddening when you look at pretty much all of our loanees from last season are getting good PL loan moves or back in the top division in other countries because you look at the squad Parker had and wonder how the feck he managed to get us relegated - in hindsight we recruited well last summer but the key ingredient was the manager letting us down

bobby01

Marco had lookman at Everton, said he was potentially a good player but needed to work harder in training, then sold him I believe.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

MartyFFC

He's a bit of a show pony but undoubtedly has real ability. Perhaps playing under a decent manager will bring out his potential

fancyfeet4

I think he can do well with more talent around him.  At times you could sense he felt he needed to do too much.  It looked like he felt the weight of trying to always create and produce as he was the only player who could cause problems in the final third.  He isnt good enough to carry a team (i.e. Zaha at CP).  But I think in a sub role, spot start type role with LC, he can do well.

Sgt Fulham

Thanks, the Internet does not have enough clickbait already...

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 30, 2021, 05:09:11 PM
Quite maddening when you look at pretty much all of our loanees from last season are getting good PL loan moves or back in the top division in other countries because you look at the squad Parker had and wonder how the feck he managed to get us relegated - in hindsight we recruited well last summer but the key ingredient was the manager letting us down

Only partly correct, the team we had (in 18/19 and 20/21) even with Parker as manager was good enough to stay up in the Premier League. Neither the squad and/or Parker's tactics relegated us.

The four main reasons we were relegated were i) the squad we had need a year to adjust to the premier league, ii) the squad we had needed a year to adjust to each other and iii) the squad needed time to adjust to Parker's pattern of play, and iv) the team caught covid just when it was finding form.

Snibbo

Wonder if they'll make him their penalty taker over Vardy?  :dft012:

itombomb

He's a super talented footballer, and I think being coached by Rogers will be great for him.

itombomb

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 31, 2021, 12:51:17 AM
Quote from: Deeping_white on August 30, 2021, 05:09:11 PM

Only partly correct, the team we had (in 18/19 and 20/21) even with Parker as manager was good enough to stay up in the Premier League. Neither the squad and/or Parker's tactics relegated us.

The four main reasons we were relegated were i) the squad we had need a year to adjust to the premier league, ii) the squad we had needed a year to adjust to each other and iii) the squad needed time to adjust to Parker's pattern of play, and iv) the team caught covid just when it was finding form.
TBF I don't think the 18/19 team was good enough to stay up. Our defence was nowhere near the quality required.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on August 30, 2021, 06:42:44 PM
Thanks, the Internet does not have enough clickbait already...
My thoughts exactly, pointlessly misleading thread title