22 (15.8%)
Could have done better
3 (2.2%)
Poor
1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Voting closed: September 03, 2021, 04:46:05 PM

WhiteJC

How do you think we did this transfer window?

Are you pleased with the new recruits?

Could we have lost more "dead wood"?

Did we strengthen everywhere we needed to?

FFC1987

Unless we sign a RB, its very good. Excellent would of been with the RB signing.

Deeping_white

Gets an A from me. We got in a vital position early on in Wilson who has had a huge impact on our good start, Gazza means we have 2 good keepers & Muniz was signed in good enough time to allow him to be ready from after the first international break which is ideal considering Covid logistical issues. We strengthened the spine of the team with Chalobah and Quina and kept all of the vital players whilst reviving Seri and Mitro's FFC careers. Got rid of some of the dead wood with only Christie and Knockaert left which isn't ideal (and is why I wouldn't give an A* if I'm being really picky) but I reckon we can bin them in Jan if needed, and they offer depth if nothing else.

A pacy depth RB is the only thing missing but it looks like we tried (albeit failed due to time issues) to get Reggie Cannon, although we can probably sign him in Jan if we really want, although realistically anyone coming in is essentially keeping Tete's spot warm as he will be #1 whilst we own him

Tabby

Good I'd say. Think we need to shed some more of the surplus players before I can rate it any higher.

Of course also depends on how Muniz, Chalobah and Quina end up, they could all be duds.

bigalffc

Very good from me, because of the players we kept.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Finnans Right Peg

Very good because we kept alot of good players but our best signing was our new manager

Blawarmy

Do we know how long Tete will be out for? 

filham

Agree with all of the above.
Just hope that come January we are still in the promotion race and can manage to hang on to those key players. I feel if we are in a low position in the table some of them would want out.

Cornishnick

Yes, pretty satisfied. Best buy of course, was Marco himself !

Hatch007

I agree with all of the positive comments above but disagree with the negatives points regarding outgoings.

Yes, ideally we'd have shipped out Knock (£60k pw) and CC (£20k pw) but if no other club wants to pay those wages it's not FFC's fault, unless you blame them for offering such wages in the first place. I'm sure the club would love to get both wages off the books and still might be able to line-up loans deals for both players this week, if I understand the regulations correctly.

I'm more than happy to stand corrected if I have that wrong and would, in fact, welcome clarification on the loan aspect of the transfer window supposedly not closing for another week. Does it only relate to outgoing loans to foreign leagues whose transfer window remains open?

SuffolkWhite

Excellent window,  kept the players we wanted  and signed more.
If we can loan out some of the unwanted then Excellent
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

davew

Quote from: Cornishnick on September 01, 2021, 06:18:14 PM
Yes, pretty satisfied. Best buy of course, was Marco himself !
+1, I said that in a couple of previous postings. My vote allocated to the very good category, nothing negative about that decision!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Statto

Good. Nothing more.

Muniz remains unproven and as good as Wilson has been, we paid £12m for him so he needs to be sometime special to justify that. Quina sounds like a classic opportunistic purchase, ie, we went for Chalobah and someone said "do you fancy picking up another attacking midfielder whilst you're here?"

Outgoing business has to be seen as relatively poor with much of our dead wood still on the books.

Biggest plus was getting Wilson and Gazza in early.

FFCFOREVER

Excellent from me. Mainly for keeping hold of prized assets      and I don't include Anguissa as one of those. Also strengthening well. Unfortunate Tete got injured quite late in the window as the timing may have hampered getting in a suitable replacement.

Jim©

I put down very good, but actually was excellent
Imagine we'd lost Tosin, Robinson and Carvalho, and I don't doubt that clubs asked about them.
Add Wilson, who I've always liked and a new seri and mitro, it was an excellent few months.

twang

Very good window! The only downsides are that 1) we extended unwanted players contracts and didn't sell them for decent fees (Fabri, Christie and Le Marchand) and 2) that not enough youngsters got a loan move (Fossey, Francois and Stansfield). Another right back would have been nice but having Odoi, Christie, Sess and Fossey as options when Tete  is out is still above average in the Championship. Other than that: Excellent!

Southdowns White

Very good on paper, a few new players who could prove very good buys, even better we have kept hold of the players I regard as key to providing a strong challenge for promotion.

Craven Mad

It's been v good imo. Kept everyone we needed to keep, cleared a lot we didn't need and picked up some great players too. To my mind, we have a team that's ready for promotion, which is a very good thing indeed (and thanks to all staff at the club for good work).

To have been excellent, we'd have needed to clear the rest of the deadwood and signed some more prem-ready players too, as I'm worried we'll struggle to get everything we need next summer. Hopefully Jan can plug these gaps further, and get us properly ready to challenge next year.

Twig

Excellent on incomers, I'm not one of those who thinks we need a RB so totally not bothered on that. Very good on keeping all our better players on the books, would have been excellent if Cav had signed a new contract. Not so good on failing to clear out deadwood.

JoelH5

Excellent. We kept Tosin and Tete
I was there, standing in the Putney end