https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where's Muniz?

Started by General, September 02, 2021, 02:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: Arthur on September 03, 2021, 02:58:59 AM
Quote from: General on September 03, 2021, 12:06:11 AM
What is it that has everyone particularly excited about him?

Twenty-or-so years ago, Jean Tigana replaced fans' favourite Geoff Horsfield - who was strong and fearless but also slow and lacking in mobility - with an unproven striker who was our new manager's personal recommendation to the Club: Louis Saha. This shocked many supporters at first, but it soon became clear Saha suited the way in which Tigana wanted us to play more than did Horsfield. This was unfortunate for Geoff - he'd never let us down - but the bottom line, I suppose, is that the team is more important than any individual.

Could history repeat itself?

Patently not

filham

Good to see Muniz training but lets proceed with caution and not raise our hopes too high until we see him play.
We have all seen players arrive with big promise and then fail in a Fulham shirt.
Having said that I am eagerly awaiting his first match.

FulhamStu

Big question for me is when will he be match fit?

Oakeshott

"Think Silva has suggested he thinks Muniz and Mitro can play together?"

If they can and Muniz is anywhere near as good as we hope, God help the opposition.

Deeping_white

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 03, 2021, 10:29:56 AM
Big question for me is when will he be match fit?

He should be match fit already because the Brazilian season was about 13 games into their schedule by the time he left to come here

copthornemike

Exciting times - if Muniz is anything like as talented and skilful as the Brazilians who played against us in Shaktar Donetsk's Europa League team we will be seeing some exciting football this season  :wow:

WestSussexWhite

Muniz hasn't played any football for Atleast 6 weeks. Was an unused sub for a few weeks prior to joining us, then had covid so spent 10 days in isolation. Then 10 days in Spain in Isolation. And obviously 10 days until our next game in the league. Although we do have a friendly this week

Jamie88

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on September 03, 2021, 11:50:30 AM
Muniz hasn't played any football for Atleast 6 weeks. Was an unused sub for a few weeks prior to joining us, then had covid so spent 10 days in isolation. Then 10 days in Spain in Isolation. And obviously 10 days until our next game in the league. Although we do have a friendly this week

Do you know who we are playing in this friendly?

The Cravenette

I think most clubs arrange friendlies during the international break for those left behind. Arsenal beat Brentford 4-0 apparently.

Would be interesting to know who we were playing.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 03, 2021, 11:58:58 AM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on September 03, 2021, 11:50:30 AM

Do you know who we are playing in this friendly?

Afraid not, when I was told last week we didn't have an opponent yet, but they will have one by now