watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-No game-boring

Started by bog, September 04, 2021, 02:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

A Saturday without a game is like a saddle without a horse or a bicycle without a chain...or a saddle....painful.   :022:   

092.gif

filham

I can't think of a punishment bad enough for those who first introduced international breaks.

bog

Andorra today. I remember another time England played them and at half time Jimmy Greaves was interviewed.  'Who on earth are we playing? I could still score against this lot!' The interview was immediately terminated.  :022:

092.gif

filham

Quote from: bog on September 05, 2021, 08:40:47 AM
Andorra today. I remember another time England played them and at half time Jimmy Greaves was interviewed.  'Who on earth are we playing? I could still score against this lot!' The interview was immediately terminated.  :022:

092.gif
Well no doubt that today we will be watching an England team with a good few of the best players on the bench but at least there should be goals to keep us happy.

No substitute for a Fulham game though.

jarv

International football, waste of space, time and money these days.

WC question.....being played in January, mid season???  For a month???  Nightmare.

Am I wrong? I thought I heard this the other day.

ChesterTheTabby

I can't stand it. It's like a piece of me is gone. Oh, and let's get some of our players COVID-19 and or injured and potentially mare an incredible start to the season. Damn international breaks.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Lighthouse

There is a serious problem that the more breaks we have. Like Covid stopping fans going to games. The interest in the game begins to leak fans. Internationals are more often dull and really of a poor level. In the end a few turn away and while they wouldn't abandon the game or supporting the club. The interest is slowly eaten away and a few wont go to the next game and look for the result on the telly.

The greed of the big football authorities will destroy our game one day.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bog

I used to really enjoy Engerland games but this began to wain when first Pilockson then Crapello and the Wally with the brolly were in charge. Not anymore. Then we lost to Iceland....Club football every time. Ooh wait a minute.....will we be able to get into Andorra's Box?   :022:

blingo

Quote from: bog on September 05, 2021, 04:20:55 PM
I used to really enjoy Engerland games but this began to wain when first Pilockson then Crapello and the Wally with the brolly were in charge. Not anymore. Then we lost to Iceland....Club football every time. Ooh wait a minute.....will we be able to get into Andorra's Box?   :022:

Andorra box? You can still get two for a pound at Iceland

Jules

Hate international breaks with a passion. Just for qualifiers? So pointless playing Andorra and the like. Waste of time. Quarter finalists from all the global continent comps through to world cup. Job done. Saves all the time and hassle.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: filham on September 04, 2021, 05:58:23 PM
I can't think of a punishment bad enough for those who first introduced international breaks.
Agreed.  Nothing like a Saturday when the mighty FFC are playing