watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Project

Started by cmg, September 04, 2021, 04:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

No, not a 1970s prog rock band, but the word that has featured prominently in all communications from FFC over the past several months.
I've even learnt that the Portuguese version is 'projeto'

What should we understand by this ubiquitous term?

I like to think it might mean 'to win a whole lot of football matches', but then I'm a simple kind of bloke.
Given that all players interviewed of late seem to have 'bought into' it, I am sure that some of our posters can provide a more erudite explaination as to what it might entail.

NJFulham

It means Silva isn't leaving for now.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Holders

"Projeto" sounds like vomiting.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

cmg

Quote from: Holders on September 04, 2021, 04:32:15 PM
"Projeto" sounds like vomiting.

Sounds like bad news for the groundstaff, then.

Somerset Fulham

They all use it these days, I remember Yaya doing so as far back as for when City signed him.

Nero

Think its getting each team to play the same way making it easier for progression to the first team, we were told when Javier rejoined he was there to oversee the Fulham style of play from u18 to first-team then he met parker that just didn't get it

H4usuallysitting

It's a project in the true meaning of the word

Statto

On that note, WTF is happening with this director of scouting appointment?

brightster

Quote from: Statto on September 04, 2021, 10:18:43 PM

Do we need one after the last window, looks like Silva is now pulling strings, saying who he wants and if TK ticks the boxes with his stats then the player signs!

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: cmg on September 04, 2021, 04:03:23 PM
...Given that all players interviewed of late seem to have 'bought into' it, ...
Sound's like some kind on Ponzi scheme.... steer clear if I was you... remember.. if it sounds too good to be true... you'll believe we're top of the table next 😉 ⚽️🤣🤣
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Quote from: Statto on September 04, 2021, 10:18:43 PM

I read somewhere that they have had to find a suitable candidate after two rounds of interviews. I'll see if I can find the link.

bigalffc

Surely the project is to build a team to get us back to the prem and to stay there.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Twig

Hopefully it's about building a playing identity, a consistent style that permeates every level of the club. One that enables more youngsters to develop and advance whilst the first team is winning matches and entertaining us, the paying supporters!

b+w geezer

I hope it means thinking more than one season at a time. Many clubs outside the Prem don't have that luxury -- now especially -- but the Khans could reasonably have told Siva that they wanted, and would fund, consolidation into an established Prem outfit.

The  'project' if you are Everton, Newcastle, Villa, Leeds ...must be to becone a regular Champions League participant, or else what is the difference from a Southampton or what we seek to be? Add Arsenal to that list, odd as that thought would have been in Wenger's day. That must be a harder 'project' to make sound convincing to someone such a club wants to recruit than our own is.

Carborundum

I imagine that recruiting football managers involves candidates giving PowerPoint presentations that are the natural home for phrases like these.  The successful candidate then uses that presentation within the club on the grounds that if it worked once...

The reality is football is a zero sum affair and for every game won there is a team recording a loss. Long term projects sound fine, but winning games keeps good on the table. I do wonder if all sensible football management, from Sunday kids league up, boils down to a seven point plan of:

Get the best players and coaches you can, tap up the owners for much as they can be squeezed for
Make sure the players are happy to the extent possible
Create an us-against-the-world vibe
Come down like a ton of bricks on a player who steps outside what is reasonable to keep the others from taking liberties...unless the transgressor is invaluable
Praise in public, criticise in private
Get the lads playing to a plan, any plan just as long it suits their capabilities and they all stick to it
Recognise that planet football is a world where nonsense flourishes.  Laugh at it and join in by making a spectacle from time to time

JEEVES

The project can only be:

Go up this season
Stay up next season
Establish our selves as a premier league club again
Try and get into the europa league in future seasons
Try and win some sort of cup eventually

bobby01

Quote from: Twig on September 05, 2021, 11:17:07 AM
Hopefully it's about building a playing identity, a consistent style that permeates every level of the club. One that enables more youngsters to develop and advance whilst the first team is winning matches and entertaining us, the paying supporters!

I do so hope you are right Twig.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

bill taylors apprentice

The project is quite simple.
1.Bring together a mainly young squad who play dynamic attacking football with the ball and pressure as a team without it, which brings  winning football.
2.Ensure that the squad continues to develop and improve to PL level by the time we get there.
3.Supplement the young promoted team with a few quality signings that can slip into an already well organised team and enhance it.