News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Does anybody know how long Tete is out for?

Started by MikeCdawg, September 14, 2021, 01:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeCdawg

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Jules

Communications from our club on injuries are really poor. The fans should be kept updated on news such as this in my opinion.

WestSussexWhite

Early Jan I believe, if he's back before then it's a bonus..

Andy S

If a player is injured there is no right for anyone to know. It's between the player and his doctor. Just the same as when you are at work. It is between you and your Doctor

AJW48361

Can see 4 months he would not be in the 25 squad if so.

filham

We are unfortunate to have such a long injury list this early in the season, Tete, Kongola, Cairney, Wilson and Carvalho plus Ream and Robinson probably jet lagged for the last match.
Lets hope things improve.

Jules

Quote from: Andy S on September 14, 2021, 08:34:18 PM
If a player is injured there is no right for anyone to know. It's between the player and his doctor. Just the same as when you are at work. It is between you and your Doctor
Nonsense, football is an entertainment industry. The club needs to communicate with its fans in the same way other clubs do. All we need is an update now and again on our players to understand how they are, what the injury is and an estimate of when they might be back if that information is available.

Somerset Fulham

I prefer the club being a bit vague about this stuff. If it's not out in the public forum then it's likely other clubs don't know either.

Just a note on progression is enough for me.

SP

bobbo

Quote from: Jules on September 14, 2021, 08:49:27 PM
Quote from: Andy S on September 14, 2021, 08:34:18 PM
Nonsense, football is an entertainment industry. The club needs to communicate with its fans in the same way other clubs do. All we need is an update now and again on our players to understand how they are, what the injury is and an estimate of when they might be back if that information is available.
i so agree at the very least it's a courtesy to us as paying members. None of us want gritty details just an outline and estimate of how long and how he's doing.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Jim©

Silva said last week that Tete will be out for one month and a half (his words) or two months. Which will put him around end Oct, early November.
It seems that some of you slating the club for not sharing news, just simply haven't looked hard enough.

filham

Quote from: Jim© on September 15, 2021, 09:28:31 AM
Silva said last week that Tete will be out for one month and a half (his words) or two months. Which will put him around end Oct, early November.
It seems that some of you slating the club for not sharing news, just simply haven't looked hard enough.
I can remember times when regular reports on injured players were given by the club. Not sure why it is necessary to be so secretive, opponents will know when a player is returning as a spell on the bench usually precedes a full appearance.

Ronnief

Does the club need to tell all and sundry every injury. If I was an opposing team and new that a particular player had a regular injury or weakness a couple of early firm challenges at that part of the body would be something to target. I'm not for giving precise details but some indication to say when a player will be back would placate our impatient fans.  092.gif

cookieg

I think season ticket holders should each get an email on a daily basis advising of every injury in the club. I've paid for my ST so expect nothing less.

Jim©

Quote from: filham on September 15, 2021, 09:58:25 AM
Quote from: Jim© on September 15, 2021, 09:28:31 AM
I can remember times when regular reports on injured players were given by the club. Not sure why it is necessary to be so secretive, opponents will know when a player is returning as a spell on the bench usually precedes a full appearance.

But it's not secretive at all. For instance the club posted on Twitter that Carvalho had an injury prior to the Blackpool game.
The info I posted was from a direct interview with Silva, surely the club don't need to spoon feed this info for those that couldn't see/find it?

colinwhite

If its a torn hamstring 4 months sounds about right.