watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

That game under Slavisa or Parkers' promotion winning teams

Started by 70sPimlico, September 15, 2021, 10:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

I don't think we win that game. That Birmingham side is what a Brum side should be about but we've not faced them playing like that for a long time. I can see them taking plenty of points at home.

I'm not so sure this league is as weak as people think it is this season

Statto

Under Jokanovic post-October I think we win it

Under Parker it's 1-1 at best

Denver Fulham

Quote from: 70sPimlico on September 15, 2021, 10:51:30 PM
I don't think we win that game. That Birmingham side is what a Brum side should be about but we've not faced them playing like that for a long time. I can see them taking plenty of points at home.

I'm not so sure this league is as weak as people think it is this season

Hard to say after 7 matches how weak anything is, but we have beaten Stoke, Huddersfield and Brum by 12-2 in total and they have 38 points from their other 18 matches this season. There's no question we're better than this league by a fair margin. Just have to keep showing it.

Andy S

Very proud of the lads tonight. This was never going to be an easy game. They all stepped up to the plate

perry geyton

I thought Brum were good today, just didn't get the rub of the green

4-1 certainly wasn't a reflection of their performance

colinwhite

Quote from: perry geyton on September 15, 2021, 11:24:09 PM
I thought Brum were good today, just didn't get the rub of the green

4-1 certainly wasn't a reflection of their performance

No but they didnt have the quality ,we did. The gulf in class was huge.

rebel

Quote from: Statto on September 15, 2021, 11:03:33 PM

Agree, the passing was slick under Jokanovic.

Jules

I loved that we dug in and soaked up pressure. 2nd half so much better than 1st half where we overplayed in our own box. Birmingham were like Stoke under Pulis without the quality. Long balls into the box, towel drying the ball for long throws. Awful football.

70sPimlico

Although we did lose the same fixture last game of the season under Slavisa that would have got us promoted but I take your point.

I was really just saying that this Birmingham team look like the best team they've had for a long while. I'm always surprised that the team representing the 2nd city are not fixed in the top ten of the premiership

toshes mate

We are seven games into a season with a new coaching team.  Early suggestions are that the players that remain after last season are enjoying something of a renaissance, especially those who have had the chance to restore their potential valuations to health.  We are operating at 2.3 PPG and we are scoring goals very freely without conceding too much at the back.  It really is early days yet but it looks promising.    We should enjoy the ride but also expect all the adaptations, adjustments and improvements as players learn to exploit the opportunities all this offers them without losing touch with their own realities.  Some will win, some will lose, and others will enjoy something very different from what they have experienced before.  Life is random but, with a little bit of good fortune, you can limit the risks you take and still have a really good time (at least some of the time).

Remember when we were 5-1 up at Bramall Lane and what happened there?  This season isn't the same as the one that game fell in but the pitfalls and pratfalls will appear to be very familiar when they come along.  This is a new era and nobody knows just how long it will last or where it ends up. 

Relax and enjoy. 

filham

Birmingham looked good last night and I suspect had more of the game than us, however they left space for us at the back and we took advantage of it. Give credit to our defense , particularly Tosin, we had to withstand a lot of Brummy power attacks.
Three hard earned points, well done Fulham.

Rupert

How about Jokanovic mid-September? Probably a draw at best, likely a defeat. I think I understand the OPs point here. This team has hit the ground running, in our previous promotions we have taken time to get going, which has ultimately cost us.
I think last night demonstrates that, so long as we don't get cocky, we can beat everyone, home or away. The whole team faced a stiff test against good opposition and triumphed. Our goalie, in particular, had a very good game, he has been identified by some as a weaker option until now. Maybe he and the defence just needed time to adjust to each other.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Craven Mad

Their high press would tear through a Scott Parker side.

They played well. We deserved to win, but the score line flatters us.

LittleErn

" expect all the adaptations, adjustments and improvements as players learn to exploit the opportunities all this offers them without losing touch with their own realities."

What does that mean, Tosh's mate? Especially the last bit. Can you elucidate further please?

JackHamlet90

We look very good we have to keep going there is a lot I like about this team

copthornemike

We were excellent on the counter attack exploiting the space behind their press and efficient finishing off the play. Also good to see our defenders withstanding an aerial bombardment, particularly Toyo who was immense as indeed was our keeper.
In contrast Blackpool left little space behind their defence!
Other teams will note this in their opponent analysis, but our attack does look lethal so far in this league, particularly away from home.
We will suffer some reverses but overall looks we have an exciting, and ultimately successful, season to look forward to 😊