Too many injury prone players

Started by unionist_ffc, September 15, 2021, 11:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unionist_ffc

Reed and Wilson added to kongolo, cairney etc

very disappointing

perry geyton

Wilson got injured today ? He was taken off so he could rest

Reed is always gonna get knocked about cos he's all over the pitch it's to be expected

Kongolo I agree

TC who knows if he'll ever come back ? I get the feeling he will tho eventually

The Rational Fan

A Balanced Viewpoint would discussing the exceptional uninjured players needs to discuss the player that almost never get injured, especially Gazzaniga, Hector, Tosin, Seri, and Reid (all of whom have missed less than five games in their entire career).

We even have a decent team of players that are rarely injured (13 games or less across entire career)

GK: Gazzaniga and Rodak
DF: Odoi, Hector, Tosin, Ream
MF: Francois, Seri, Reid
FW: Knockaert, Muniz, Bryan

jarv

Injury prone?  It's football. It happens more to some than others. Often a serious injury can lead to others,

Fernhurst

Do hope Reed injury was not reoccurrence of previous hamstring  as that could be months and the Wilson one appeared to be groin strain, couple of weeks normally... Sigh
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Whitestone

To be fair to the OP he's not wrong. I wouldn't include Wilson though. The question I would ask is are we any different to other clubs ? Some maybe but I'd guess there others with the same issues. The mistake we have made over the years is signing players with an injury history or injured at the time of signing.

bog

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 16, 2021, 03:31:02 AM
Do hope Reed injury was not reoccurrence of previous hamstring  as that could be months and the Wilson one appeared to be groin strain, couple of weeks normally... Sigh

Very frustrating if true. 

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: bobby01 on September 16, 2021, 09:03:22 AM
Cannot believe how many respond to this wum.
This. Why all the panic ? Wilson went off for a rest and Reed was also fine. No mention of injuries from Marco either, who I thought would know before anyone.

HarryBayles

Reed was looking at the bench and pointing to his knee before he came off and Wilson was also asking the bench to come off. Wilson did jog off though so hopefully just a precaution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

filham

Yes it is looking as if we have a few regular sicknotes and the big question is was this apparent before we signed them and did we decide to take the risk.

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

70sPimlico

Quote from: HarryBayles on September 16, 2021, 10:14:55 AM
Reed was looking at the bench and pointing to his knee before he came off and Wilson was also asking the bench to come off. Wilson did jog off though so hopefully just a precaution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reed was more than pointing. He was shaking his head that they weren't doing it quicker. He should have just gone down earlier. Its a shame but it does feel that his position is an area where we are very strong, like centre backs

Cambridge Pete

Or could it be Poor referees offering no protection or punishment?

Twig

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 16, 2021, 10:39:01 AM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 16, 2021, 10:25:06 AM
It might be helpful to read the original post in context:

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=475528

I'm glad that it's not just me that has noticed.

Exactly, this guy is a total and utter WUM. I don't know why people on here are still engaging with his threads.

unionist_ffc

Quote from: Twig on September 16, 2021, 06:02:36 PM

https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=475528

Exactly, this guy is a total and utter WUM. I don't know why people on here are still engaging with his threads.
what is the purpose of this post?

this is my first ever thread.

you chase off anyone with a contrary opinion

Twig

Quote from: unionist_ffc on September 16, 2021, 07:35:43 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 16, 2021, 06:02:36 PM

what is the purpose of this post?

this is my first ever thread.

you chase off anyone with a contrary opinion

Mitro "such a lazy player"
Carv "he is surely off"
Wilson "wasteful, ...injury prone"
SP "made a big mistake letting him go"
Birmingham "are going to do us tomorrow"

I rest my case.