watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

more B S from fifa

Started by jarv, September 16, 2021, 10:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Just read on bbc sports news fifa say "all fans want world cup every 2 years"  Really?  How about every 6 or 8 years and leave football alone for the club fans.

bobbo

Quote from: jarv on September 16, 2021, 10:47:01 PM
Just read on bbc sports news fifa say "all fans want world cup every 2 years"  Really?  How about every 6 or 8 years and leave football alone for the club fans.
0001.jpeg.      Only problem jarv , at my age would I see another one .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

jarv

Me too, but not really bothered because Scotland never attend these days.

MikeTheCubed

YouGov have outed themselves over the course of the last few years.

love4ffc

The only reason I can see it going to every two years is for the money.  I think it will lose just how special it is if it goes to every two years.  Hope they leave it as is. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

The Rational Fan

Every two years maybe a decent idea, but only if it's a pure knockout of 8 rounds without any qualification stage. Any team that reaches the final 16 of the previous WC, starts in the third round of the next WC. Any team that reaches the second round, qualifies for the first round of the next WC, and any team ranked in the top 208 fifa rankings also qualifies for the next world cup first round.

We could play the first two rounds in March and the remaining six rounds in the summer. Instead of playing up to 15 games to qualify for the last 16 and sudden death, it will take 4 games for last 16 and every game is sudden death. Overall, I actually think this is better as England vs Luxembourg means little unless it's sudden death, then everyone will on the edge of their seats.

Southdowns White

It's just symptomatic of the ridiculous world we live in. People at the top have very well paid jobs, they need to be seen coming up with ideas that will bring even more wealth and prestige to their companies and organisations to justify their huge salaries. How many times do you hear "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"  when something is changed, often with no benefit for the public and often being forced to stump up more money for the privilege.

_Putney_

why not make it every year and skip qualifying? or twice a year!

MartyFFC

Up to 48 teams from 32 as well. As history has shown us, FIFA don't care about football and are all about trousering as much money as they can out of the game

Woolly Mammoth

Keep it to 4 years otherwise it will lose its impact and credibility. FIFA have always been corrupt the whole lot of them fell off the back of a lorry, and still otherwise why would the next World Cup be in a place like Qatar which has done nothing for football that warrants them being hosts, except the exchanging of brown envelopes between the good and the great. Whilst many of their slaves died whilst constructing the Stadiums.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

LittleErn

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 17, 2021, 09:36:52 AM
Keep it to 4 years otherwise it will lose its impact and credibility. FIFA have always been corrupt the whole lot of them fell off the back of a lorry, and still otherwise why would the next World Cup be in a place like Qatar which has done nothing for football that warrants them being hosts, except the exchanging of brown envelopes between the good and the great. Whilst many of their slaves died whilst constructing the Stadiums.

I hope you've got some good lawyers Woolly!

H4usuallysitting

Personally I'd like one every ten minutes..... regular as a 39 bus up Putney Hill

MisfitKid

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 17, 2021, 07:37:21 PM
Personally I'd like one every ten minutes..... regular as a 39 bus up Putney Hill

Come on, don't be silly...  Twice a day works...  :dft012:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Twig

Quote from: LittleErn on September 17, 2021, 07:11:10 PM

I'm with Woolly on that post so sue me too.

Lighthouse

You can imagine some old wheezing pervert going after some innocent kid out enjoying themselves. Their sticky, sweaty fingers insisting 'Know you want this. You really want this'. They have no interest at all in the fans and only seem to be happy putting their grubby hands all over the game until it recoils in horror.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: LittleErn on September 17, 2021, 07:11:10 PM

Affirmative, and there heavy duty.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.