watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Full match report

Started by LC, September 18, 2021, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

First half comments: Their goal: the full back should have showed their forward to the wing instead of showing him inside towards the goal. I was hoping the player would have been taken down in the lead up to the goal.

Wilson hasn't been in the game at all, I would move him into the number 10 role and push BDR out to the right to try and get him going.

For me we're missing Reed today. I think it's clear once we have a full team we'll tear teams a part, but with a few key players missing: Reed, Fabio Cav and Tete, we'll see a lot more games like this where we have the beating of every team but it will be much closer.

Full match comments:

Having watched the replay, Odoi should have showed their forward the wing rather than guiding him inside. Wilson had a off day. I'm not the biggest Ivan Cav fan but thought he looked good today. I also think Muniz could be a real player for us, physical on and off the ball, has a nice touch and his movement is really nice as well. Seems to be a powerful header of the ball. In general, we showed desire to win and the players looked devastated at the end, an off day for us.

Bottom line, we missed Reed today. I think once we get Reed, Fabio Cav and Tete back we'll blow teams away. We're second in the league and only 2 points off top, all to play for.

Milo

D Reid.. little wasteful. That header was so poor for a professional footballer.

Agree not seen enough from Wilson today .. doesn't seem to be getting on the ball in dangerous places (or are Reading just marking him well?)

LC

Quote from: Milo on September 18, 2021, 04:04:15 PM
D Reid.. little wasteful. That header was so poor for a professional footballer.

Agree not seen enough from Wilson today .. doesn't seem to be getting on the ball in dangerous places (or are Reading just marking him well?)

Wilson has lacked movement as well, I'm hoping he sparks to life in the second half, he's someone who can make the difference.

Bokonon

It feels like Wilson is getting man-marked.

H4usuallysitting

We need Josh on the park, to have a man over

LC

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 18, 2021, 04:19:29 PM
We need Josh on the park, to have a man over

Looked good when he came on.

Sgt Fulham

Two off days in three. The stuff of Champions.

Caedal

This team isn't set up to play from behind, Silva needs to find a solution for that

LC

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on September 18, 2021, 05:18:50 PM
Two off days in three. The stuff of Champions.

We are missing some key players to be fair, and had some key players come back from injury, so we haven't been able to get a run of games together. If we had a full side out today, do you think we would have lost? And yes I'll admit ahead of time you can't always have you best 11 out, but more often than not we will have our best team fit and playing which is positive for the season ahead.

SG

Bottom line - if you put easy chances away early in the game, you win it. Miss one on ones, place soft headers straight at the keeper and you're always vulnerable to a break away goal

sunburywhite

Quote from: Milo on September 18, 2021, 04:04:15 PM

BDR is the new Barry Hayles
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me