watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got back

Started by Peabody, September 18, 2021, 07:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

We started like a steam train and for a while, it looked like a walk in the park but then we started to look sloppy and we kept losing the ball. Despite their blatant time wasting, I think Reading deserved their victory. Our day was summed up when Ivan let an easy pass go under his foot for a throw in. At least Rodrigo opened his account and there is still along way to go.Oh yeah and having to wait half an hour for a 93 didn't help

Fernhurst

Thank you Mr P, always appreciate your thoughts straight from the ground.
Half an hour is too long to wait, I'll have a word and see if we can arrange a limo next home match.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

jarv

Agree, thank you for the comments. I always look out for them. Better to wait until the ride home (or walk) to reflect on the performance. Typical Fulham. I wonder if any supporters took up the 8/1 offer. 10 quid on Reading would have been nice.

davew

Quote from: jarv on September 18, 2021, 08:41:29 PM
Agree, thank you for the comments. I always look out for them. Better to wait until the ride home (or walk) to reflect on the performance. Typical Fulham. I wonder if any supporters took up the 8/1 offer. 10 quid on Reading would have been nice.
Think some of the Reading supporters would have made an investment, sitting pretty tonight while us older FFC idiots could have predicted that we would lose today and were too loyal to bet against our team, madness!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

I was confident of a win today against Reading that would keep us comfortably on top of the table, I really should have known better. How many times in the past when things really seem to be going our way have we failed to capitalise on good opportunities.

HV71

Quote from: filham on September 18, 2021, 09:31:11 PM
I was confident of a win today against Reading that would keep us comfortably on top of the table, I really should have known better. How many times in the past when things really seem to be going our way have we failed to capitalise on good opportunities.

A triumph of Hope over experience...........Johnson had it right ..... not a happy marriage but one that supporters should expect

blingo

The voice of reason is always worthy of note Mr P.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: filham on September 18, 2021, 09:31:11 PM

Very Fulhamish!!

Woolly Mammoth

It is not the end of the world, it just feels like it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Ahh just in case people forget...

Reading are a bit of a bet noir for us.

Sometimes we beat them, other times we get stuffed by them, twas ever thus...

Who could forget the awful Ronnie Maugie (for us) @ Elm Park - not one but two own goals costing us a 3 - 2 loss. Later jailed me thinks?

Reading are an "ould" enemy & have mostly been a very difficult side to have played us over the years.

We have to move on & before we sack Marco see what the response is like

Galling that Parker & Bournemouth are above us but that's football

It is a marathon not a sprint. We are a work in progress other plaudits are available!

So brush it orf & COYW!!!

ianthailand

Quote from: Peabody on September 18, 2021, 07:12:57 PM
We started like a steam train and for a while, it looked like a walk in the park but then we started to look sloppy and we kept losing the ball. Despite their blatant time wasting, I think Reading deserved their victory. Our day was summed up when Ivan let an easy pass go under his foot for a throw in. At least Rodrigo opened his account and there is still along way to go.Oh yeah and having to wait half an hour for a 93 didn't help
Should have gone for a 99 Peabody you get a chocolate flake in them!!

WhiteJC

Quote from: Peabody on September 18, 2021, 07:12:57 PM
Oh yeah and having to wait half an hour for a 93 didn't help

the No.93 used to be my bus of choice, closely followed by the 213, having said that I've not been a regular bus user since I got a moped at 15 (might have been 16, memories not what it used to be)