more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Too me it simply comes down to our

Started by perry geyton, September 18, 2021, 07:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 18, 2021, 08:25:33 PM
He'll be making up stories about Gazza soon enough, it's what he did with his previous scapegoat don't forget.

Turns out I was correct about Anguissa
Still waiting on my apology Sumerset ?
Quote from: Whitestone on September 18, 2021, 11:26:22 PM
I can't believe the OP and some others are criticising Gazza for today's performance other than they are big Rodak fans. I get that but Gazza was fine today.
I find it hard to believe that those knocking Robinson's performance watched the match ? He had an off game against Blackpool for sure but the fact he was in Honduras two days before didn't exactly help. He was one of the stand out performers today.
Odoi can shoulder some of the blame for the first goal and Ream's wayward pass led to the counter that resulted in the second. I thought Tosin could have done better with the header for the second which fell kindly for Ejaria who was never gonna miss. But hey some people don't rate Gazza so it suits to blame him too.
I didn't say we lost because of him, in fact we should of won today by a country mile

I just don't rate Gazza he makes me nervous that's all, I always rated Rodak tho, commands the box well, I think he'd do our defense a favor

Gazza can wait his turn as Rodak has unfairly done

perry geyton

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 18, 2021, 08:25:33 PM
He'll be making up stories about Gazza soon enough, it's what he did with his previous scapegoat don't forget.

Regarding Anguissa ?
I do believe I got it bang on no ?
Still waiting on your apology ?

Somerset Fulham

Have you found where you read that he refused to play yet?

WolverineFFC

Quote from: LittleErn on September 18, 2021, 11:21:51 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on September 18, 2021, 08:22:06 PM
Sorry but what's he meant to have done with either goal today? Odoi gives the guy the freedom of CC to pick his spot for the first goal, and Ream gives away the ball needlessly to start a counter attack for the second, neither has been berated on here for that and get poor old Gazza gets scapegoated again for an unstoppable goal and a shot that's about 6 yards out ffs

Not only that, but Odoi failed to stay with his man into the box for the second goal. Not sure that he would have been in a position to stop it - fantastic footwork from the scorer - but his presence might have put him off. As far as Gazza is concerned, I agree that he could not be EXPECTED to save either goal, but he didn't exactly "fly through the air" for the first one. I have seen Rodak react quicker and I thought that he might have got closer.

I agree with your sentiments on the 2nd goal. Odoi was a complete pylon on that move. He tracks the man to the top of the box (doesn't close him down per usual), then stands still until the ball is over Tosin's head.

MartyFFC

Replacing the injured Tete with Odoi is a huge, huge downgrade which hasn't helped. Add to that a headless chicken in the form of Robinson and an edgy keeper and it's not surprising we're leaking goals at home to bang-average sides like Reading. However I agree that you can't blame Gazzaniga for either goal yesterday

JimOG

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on September 18, 2021, 07:52:22 PM
I mean I agree, but what on earth was he meant to do to save either of the goals today?

Absolutely!! The first was a brilliant strike made all the easier by Denis Odoi not closing him down (no use telling us on FFC TV that we need to be more ruthless - you need to be more ruthless in your defending). The second Tosin missed his attempt to head it away - great bring down and roll into the corner...what's either got to do with Gazza?? Poor defending yes ...but not by our keeper

Tooting legend

You were all praising Gazza after the win against Birmingham saying what a great game he had and the score would have been closer had it not been for him....You lot are just so fickle. Get behind the team rather then post after every game he should be dropped its boring.....

bobby01

Actually if you look at Gaza,s games he is very flat footed, he is not on his toes at all. I believe this is why he is easily beaten on close range shots and whilst the flyer into the top corner was a cracking shot he dived from standing still flat on his feet, was never going to get the height or distance from the way he was standing.

I am not scapegoating him just a valid point of view and if we watch bearing this in mind it may show as a flaw.

I truly do not understand on a forum that when a discussion is opened on a player people always have to be accused of scapegoating, solid points of view should be considered not just blown away with you are scapegoating him or him.

And yes I have been on this board since the beginning and have a solid idea of what player can do no wrong in some posters eyes as well as players that can never do anything right in others.

As catchphrase goes "say what you see" and have an open discussion from there, I doubt I will see things the same way as everyone else but we all have a valid opinion, although tbh there are some posters I just skip on by.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

MartyFFC

Quote from: bobby01 on September 19, 2021, 09:46:59 AM
Actually if you look at Gaza,s games he is very flat footed, he is not on his toes at all. I believe this is why he is easily beaten on close range shots and whilst the flyer into the top corner was a cracking shot he dived from standing still flat on his feet, was never going to get the height or distance from the way he was standing.

I am not scapegoating him just a valid point of view and if we watch bearing this in mind it may show as a flaw.

I truly do not understand on a forum that when a discussion is opened on a player people always have to be accused of scapegoating, solid points of view should be considered not just blown away with you are scapegoating him or him.

And yes I have been on this board since the beginning and have a solid idea of what player can do no wrong in some posters eyes as well as players that can never do anything right in others.

As catchphrase goes "say what you see" and have an open discussion from there, I doubt I will see things the same way as everyone else but we all have a valid opinion, although tbh there are some posters I just skip on by.
+1. Some people seem genuinely incapable of tolerating any player being questioned, ever, and often resort to attacking the individual expressing the opinion in an apparent attempt at shutting them down. It's very weird that people seem to take it so personally

perry geyton

Quote from: Caedal on September 18, 2021, 08:21:47 PM
Er what exactly did he do wrong today? Utterly ridiculous thread. I don't know why there is such a witch-hunt out on him. I know people seem to think Rodak is the next coming of Gordon Banks because he came through the academy (which happened at the start of last season too), but to lay any blame on Gazza for losing today is utterly ridiculous

where exactly did I blame him for us losing yesterday ? I just said I don't rate him that's all
your putting words in my mouth
Quote from: cookieg on September 18, 2021, 09:07:39 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on September 18, 2021, 08:02:41 PM
He just flaps at everything, wasn't really at blame today other then two over theatrical simple saves

I hope Rodak has a blinder against Leeds and wakes Marco up

So Gazza "wasn't really at blame today" but you want to replace him? If and when Rodak gets a game and he flaps at the ball and drops it, keeps kicking the ball out of play or to the opposition from the back I do hope you demand that he gets dropped for.... Gazza or maybe some untried U23.
we all loved Rodak the season we got promoted then Areola came along and much to our sadness he got dropped quite rightly in the long run to a top class goalkeeper
Gazzinaga has done nothing to show me that he's a better keeper other then him coming from a bigger club, he's walked straight into the team on the strength of what ?

sorry if my opinion offends you but I just have way more confidence watching Fulham when Rodak is in-between the sticks and I feel that he's earnt the right to be there

perry geyton

Quote from: Tooting legend on September 19, 2021, 09:19:27 AM
You were all praising Gazza after the win against Birmingham saying what a great game he had and the score would have been closer had it not been for him....You lot are just so fickle. Get behind the team rather then post after every game he should be dropped its boring.....

I wasn't praising him

perry geyton

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 19, 2021, 12:20:43 AM
Have you found where you read that he refused to play yet?

Quote from: MartyFFC on September 19, 2021, 10:58:55 AM
Quote from: bobby01 on September 19, 2021, 09:46:59 AM

+1. Some people seem genuinely incapable of tolerating any player being questioned, ever, and often resort to attacking the individual expressing the opinion in an apparent attempt at shutting them down. It's very weird that people seem to take it so personally

there tends to be a bit of a mob mentality on here if your not one of the the old boys, 

Somerset Fulham

Says the user that has been registered since 2012...