watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Poor refs

Started by Worcesterwhite, September 19, 2021, 09:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worcesterwhite

I thought yesterday's ref was appalling, chucking around yellows like confetti for both teams, while in turn getting plenty of simple decisions wrong. Then I saw the incident in the Luton game the most blatant red card you will ever see and gets a yellow. Sums up the standard of reffing in this division.

FFCFOREVER

Agreed. The way some of those Reading players were throwing themselves to the ground and the ref falling for it every time was embarrassing to say the least. Dishing out yellows like no tomorrow and then the Reading players trying to get Seri booked at every opportunity when already on a yellow. No wonder he was subbed off. Proper poor reffing imo.

Andy S

It will never be any different as the best refs are taken for the prem. some of them are quite poor. Yesterday's ref was woeful

Jamie88

I often wonder to myself, how bad must the refs be in League One and Two? Championship refs have been appalling for years now and seem to be getting worse.

Not sure what can be done about it other than try to encourage more people to become referees. That's an impossible task though, a bit like asking people to put their name forward for a kick in the balls. Until players can act with a bit more respect and behave like other sportsmen and not act like petulant kids, then we wont get anywhere in my opinion.

bobby01

Maybe have a person in charge of the refs company who was not an ex ref here, I would love to see someone like Colina with no attachment to the old boys club that refs here have.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Yesterday's referee was the same one who gave Burton possibly the dodgiest penalty I've ever seen against us a few years ago. He hasn't improved since.

Andy S

We rarely hear any stats about Referee's ie how many new refs are brought in every year, How good their stats are, even the standard of their refereeing decisions. There is no transparency as to whether refs have to go back for more training and whether they are up to standard. There are in fact no statistics at all. So what good are referee assessors? And who do they report to?

Statto

Quote from: Andy S on September 19, 2021, 09:38:20 AM
It will never be any different as the best refs are taken for the prem. some of them are quite poor. Yesterday's ref was woeful

there must be more than 20 people in this country who are mentally and physically able to be a competent ref

the whole system of training and picking them needs an overhaul to bring it to the same standard you have for the players

bobbo

Quote from: Andy S on September 19, 2021, 10:06:49 AM
We rarely hear any stats about Referee's ie how many new refs are brought in every year, How good their stats are, even the standard of their refereeing decisions. There is no transparency as to whether refs have to go back for more training and whether they are up to standard. There are in fact no statistics at all. So what good are referee assessors? And who do they report to?
assessors report to the body under which the game is being played .there will be a referees secretary for all leagues maybe more than one on the football league . But whether it's a Sunday league , national league or isthmian etc there will always be a refs secretary.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

ffcne

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on September 19, 2021, 10:00:33 AM
Yesterday's referee was the same one who gave Burton possibly the dodgiest penalty I've ever seen against us a few years ago. He hasn't improved since.

Weird that.Checked up where he was from.Staffordshire .
I think Burton is in Staffordshire.
They are awful in this division.
And think Moneybags ,friendly club Fulham suffer for that.