News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What do the Fulham do on the training ground.

Started by The Swan, September 25, 2021, 05:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

We had a great start to the season. We lose away to Blackpool. Out manager says that we did not have enough passion.
We must improve. Well we did away to Birmingham. Next game at home to Reading we struggled .
We lost our unbeaten home record .
Then today we played City off the park but could not score the second goal which would have won us the game.
Our new manager must get our players taking some of the many many chances we created today.
The Swan

Caedal

I wouldnt say we played BC off the park today. I thought they played much better than we did. We had about 10 mins in the whole game where we took it to them and created chances, the rest of it felt like we were defending or just passing the ball around aimlessly

ron

I think I've guessed what they don't do in training....get shots on target and build understanding at the final pass before a shot stage.

grandad

When I see the videos of training at MP I rarely see them astually practicing shooting. It is all close ball work followed by a kick about like we used to do in school playgrounds.
Where there's a will there's a wife

RaySmith

But you have to stop early in  time for the pub opening :)

f321ffc

Quote from: ron on September 25, 2021, 05:47:59 PM
I think I've guessed what they don't do in training....get shots on target and build understanding at the final pass before a shot stage.
I was watching the shooting practice in the warm up, out of I guess around 25 shots from different players I saw 1 good finish about 5 that the Goalie  saved easily and the rest were  a danger to the fans behind the goal.
And those stats are backed up by the 20 odd shots in the match and 1 goal, our strikers need some serious practice, having said that I think Mitro had a good game with his holdup play and was very unlucky hitting the bar 3 times but his 2 chances in added time really should have been put away.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

filham

Perhaps the snooker table should be moved from site to make time for shooting practice.

gang

They've offered the job of shooting coach to Cavaleiro.

ron

Anyone would've thought that kicking a ball hard in a chosen direction would be a basic skill.....the clue is in the name of the game after all. Perhaps the squad are given counselling for Mis- kicking and told it's the fault of the system rather than exhaustive drilling of basic skills.

Mitro couldn't do it from 10 yards when he had time, and two precious points were lost. They must be having a real chuckle down in Bournemouth.

Ronnief

I believe that they spend so much time trying to hit the crossbar that in match time they constantly do it without thinking. Surely in practice they should have specific spots to aim for not the post or crossbar But points either side of the goalie.  092.gif 092.gif

Matt10

I mean, they post training videos - and many times there are shots taken place. Do you need the link to the club's youtube channel or something?