watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How long is a honeymoon period ?

Started by Riversider, September 26, 2021, 03:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham 442

We don't have a divine right to go up just because we got relegated and can expect to bounce right back again.  I don't want to be a yo yo club.  I want to do what we did under Tigana and come up with a premier league team ready and able to compete.  I would rather spend a couple of seasons in the Championship to get all our ducks in a row rather than be humiliated in the EPL, again...

colinwhite

Apart from Blackpool we have created loads of chances in every game and could /should have won them all. Robbed by an off side goal yesterday and have lacked abit of continuity due to injury.Carvalho seems irreplaceable and will soon be back.
I dont see much wrong with anything. I think will be even better aginst the better sides ,particularly if they come at us and we can counter them .
I firmly believe we will win the league. It wont be easy and we will have to fight for every point but we can do it.                                                                                         

Tabby

Quote from: colinwhite on September 26, 2021, 07:17:40 PM
Apart from Blackpool we have created loads of chances in every game and could /should have won them all.                                                                                   

Agree with this, the Blackpool game is the only real blot so far. You'd think we were on the brink of relegation reading a lot of the posts now.

SuffolkWhite

We have no right to think we can walk this league. Respect all opposition and take a game at a time.
The major plus point this season is that our football is flowing a lot of the time and we create plenty of chances. We are not constantly playing poorly which would have been a worry.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Tabby on September 26, 2021, 07:31:07 PM
You'd think we were on the brink of relegation reading a lot of the posts now.

This is the absolute flip side of the whole 'HMS Piss the League' crap that was going, and also why so many wanted it to be dialled back at the time.  It's a long, long season and people need to understand that before getting carried away at either end of the scale.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on September 26, 2021, 02:57:35 PM
My one slight concern is with the quality of transfers that Silva has instigated. At the moment neither Chalobah nor Quin look like upgrades in midfield, Gazza isn't much of an upgrade on Rodak (if at all), Muniz looks like a bit of a gamble, Wilson started impressively so I'm still hopeful. I hope Silva's transfer activity proves to be more successful over the long term.

That is currently how I see it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Denver Fulham

Not sure what anyone expected from Chalobah. He's was part of Chelsea's Loan Army for years, usually to the Championship. He's made ~50 career PL appearances in more than a decade-long career, with nearly half coming two seasons ago for a Watford side that was relegated. He was available on a free transfer. The match against Birmingham City, everyone was raving about him. How about we let the guy settle in for more than 2.5 matches before we decide whether he's good or not, especially when this is literally his established level? If he played consistently like he did at Brum, he wouldn't have so many stints in this division with different clubs.

He had a bad day on Saturday, but he looks like he has something to him (unlike Quina, who's been pretty poor thus far, but again, it's early).

Twig

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 27, 2021, 08:39:46 PM
Not sure what anyone expected from Chalobah. He's was part of Chelsea's Loan Army for years, usually to the Championship. He's made ~50 career PL appearances in more than a decade-long career, with nearly half coming two seasons ago for a Watford side that was relegated. He was available on a free transfer. The match against Birmingham City, everyone was raving about him. How about we let the guy settle in for more than 2.5 matches before we decide whether he's good or not, especially when this is literally his established level? If he played consistently like he did at Brum, he wouldn't have so many stints in this division with different clubs.

He had a bad day on Saturday, but he looks like he has something to him (unlike Quina, who's been pretty poor thus far, but again, it's early).

Not sure who this is aimed at? If it was my post then all I said was that he doesn't look like an upgrade in our midfield.  I didn't say anything derogatory about the guy.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Twig on September 27, 2021, 10:30:19 PM

Not sure who this is aimed at? If it was my post then all I said was that he doesn't look like an upgrade in our midfield.  I didn't say anything derogatory about the guy.

Wasn't just you (or this thread) Twig. Just the general sentiment of game-by-game examinations, especially of brand-new players. If we judged Wilson on his last three matches only, would he be any better in our eyes?

Whitesideup

Quote from: Twig on September 26, 2021, 02:57:35 PM
My one slight concern is with the quality of transfers that Silva has instigated. At the moment neither Chalobah nor Quin look like upgrades in midfield, Gazza isn't much of an upgrade on Rodak (if at all), Muniz looks like a bit of a gamble, Wilson started impressively so I'm still hopeful. I hope Silva's transfer activity proves to be more successful over the long term.

Did Silva instigate Wilson signing? Thought he may have been on the club's radar already. Chalobah and Quin are indeed not upgrades, but I guess add depth to the squad, but from the little I've seen I would not be expecting them to start ahead of Seri or Reed or Onomah come to that, who I thought played well against Leeds.

Muniz may be a gamble, but looks as if he brings something to the party.

RaySmith

Twig

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 27, 2021, 10:35:27 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 27, 2021, 10:30:19 PM

Wasn't just you (or this thread) Twig. Just the general sentiment of game-by-game examinations, especially of brand-new players. If we judged Wilson on his last three matches only, would he be any better in our eyes?

Ok thanks