more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How long is a honeymoon period ?

Started by Riversider, September 26, 2021, 03:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Asking for a Portuguese friend ?
The next three games Swansea, Coventry and QPHa are all in front of the Sky camera's,  three points or less and some will have the knives out ,
Muniz, Chalobah and Quina were very much Silva signings as of now none look like influencing our season , big three games coming up especially with Sheffield United closing rapidly.

Gezza

Quote from: Riversider on September 26, 2021, 03:31:10 AM
Asking for a Portuguese friend ?
The next three games Swansea, Coventry and QPHa are all in front of the Sky camera's,  three points or less and some will have the knives out ,
Muniz, Chalobah and Quina were very much Silva signings as of now none look like influencing our season , big three games coming up especially with Sheffield United closing rapidly.

Not too sure what being on Sky has to do with anything?

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

I demand instant gratification. No good talking to me about 'building a squad and a season is a marathon not a sprint'. I demand success or everything is just failure.

I have no patience and every game is a must win. If we are on telly even more so. What would the neighbours think if we don't win by a hatful.

This marriage is over unless everything is perfect all the time. Honeymoon be damned.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SP

Far too early to write off the players referenced IMO.

roberto w6

I don't think anybody can question the fact that we're more positive and entertaining this season than under the last regime, which seemed to be the major complaint on here last season and in our promotion season .
Mitro has got 7 goals and is a good Championship striker, doing well. But yesterday's misses lost the points and, I fear, there will be more non-clinical finishing costing us points over the rest of the season.
I can't blame Silva for that. The approach and creativity have risen to another level since he arrived.
Do we really want to be promoted just to come straight back down again. We need a PL level no.9 and a new spine which will be capable of staying up
So, for me, the honeymoon period is 2 years - year 1 to  change the approach and add personnel to get us PL ready. Year 2 - to get promoted with a team capable of staying up.
We're a month in to Silva's reign and people are already starting to moan...please - we're seeing more creativity than we have in ages. I also think the new culture is transcending the club. I don't give a **** about the League Cup but our reserves put on a committed and entertaining display last week against Leeds which was also good to see.
We're going in the right direction, give him time.
If we look like we're doing a Notts Forest, then act quickly but we're nowhere near that stage

COYW

filham

Muniz coming from overseas with no experience in English football was always a gamble and understandably will need time to settle.
Chalobah and Quin have experience with Watford and were expected to hit the ground running, what we see now is what we are going to get.  They don't look any better than Onomah and Reed to me so expect to see them bench warming for a lot of the season.

MartyFFC

I think we should be aiming for 7 points or more for sure. I still rate Silva highly, and think the goals will soon come. The most important thing is, we're playing well and the results will soon swing back in our favour. I don't understand this unquenchable thirst for instant gratification

Andy S

It's the same length as a piece of string

SG

I like us to win but I want to be entertained. I have had more entertainment in the few matches this season than almost all of the last two seasons together. That will do for me and if we go up this season great but if we don't I won't be calling for the managers head

Ruislip White

Quote from: SG on September 26, 2021, 11:35:04 AM
I like us to win but I want to be entertained. I have had more entertainment in the few matches this season than almost all of the last two seasons together. That will do for me and if we go up this season great but if we don't I won't be calling for the managers head
I agree with the above.  Are we underperforming on results - yes given our squad.  Are we playing entertaining football and creating bags of chances in every game - absolutely.  If we keep doing this, I think we'll be fine and will have a better picture after Xmas.  Either way, it's good to watch for the first time in a while.

Slight concern is we arguably haven't played anyone that is likely to be in the top 6 at the end of the season, so harder tests to come.

Statto

Quote from: Ruislip White on September 26, 2021, 11:53:59 AM
Slight concern is we arguably haven't played anyone that is likely to be in the top 6 at the end of the season, so harder tests to come.

Stoke will be top 6

HV71

Spot on

Skatzoffc

:plus one:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Forever Fulham

Winners find a way to finish, rather than squander their opportunities.  Is it purely mental? Who knows.  We've had too many  sitters wasted.

Twig

My one slight concern is with the quality of transfers that Silva has instigated. At the moment neither Chalobah nor Quin look like upgrades in midfield, Gazza isn't much of an upgrade on Rodak (if at all), Muniz looks like a bit of a gamble, Wilson started impressively so I'm still hopeful. I hope Silva's transfer activity proves to be more successful over the long term.

Logicalman

To answer the question posed: As far as football management goes,, the honeymoon period lasts until the divorce is considered.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

RaySmith

Just watching the documentary on BBC iPlayer, Fever Pitch the Rise of the Premier League, seems pretty good, and have just watched an interview with the Man U season ticket holder, who made a banner painted on a bed sheet, which he displayed at Old Trafford during a game, and was shown on the new Sky TV, protesting at Alex Ferguson's management -

'3  years of excuses and it's still crap
Ta Ra Fergie'

The crowd  cheered.
If Fergie was a Prem manager today, he wouldn't even last 3 years - though i think he'd actually been manager of them for 5 years at this time.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Fulham 442

Quote from: Skatzoffc on September 26, 2021, 02:23:24 PM

:plus one: