watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Easy like Jean-Michel

Started by Jim©, September 30, 2021, 01:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

Seri has been very good this season and last night, when under pressure was just so calm and collected, he really impressed me.

He was put into quite a bit of bother by short balls from the two CBs in the main but just dealt with them, easily laying the ball off first time or once or twice there were fairly outrageous 'spun off the outside of his foot' type touches to get out of trouble. His passing stats are really high considering the type of pass he's having to deal with.

His range of passing is excellent, his touch is superb and his workrate is up with the best of them. Amazingly he's quite decent in the air too, winning a good few headers that you'd not expect.

I really like him and think that Silva takes some definite credit for getting him playing again to a level that, in my mind, makes him pretty undroppable.

ChesterTheTabby

Seri is incredible, he's really the unsung hero of this team despite the praise that Mitro, Carv, and Wilson have been receiving. To be fair, he is playing for a move away from Craven Cottage at the end of the season or even in the December transfer window, me thinks, but I hope I am wrong and that he stays because of Marco, the success of this team, and that he sees a Premier League future with us.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Finnans Right Peg

Like a new signing for us and always looking for the ball ,a huge bonus for us this season

Slaphead in Qatar

I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of stray passes he has made this season.

Great to see Seri and Manson contributing, and good to see Anguissa has not completely left us. Maybe that transfer window was not such a waste of money

JimmyConway

His certainly been a positive this season though i would add he needs to realise he will not get the time he likes on the ball in this division. There has been a few times this season where his had the ball taken off him wanting more time.
The other point is he should look at this level in all honesty. I am not saying he can't cut it in the premier league just that there is a gulf in class.

MartyFFC

I'm pretty sure we have an option to trigger a 12-month extension upon his contract expiring in June 2022; presumably activating it will be a given

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: MartyFFC on September 30, 2021, 02:14:11 PM
I'm pretty sure we have an option to trigger a 12-month extension upon his contract expiring in June 2022; presumably activating it will be a given

I'd imagine it will only be activated if we go up, there's no way we will be able to afford his wages for another season in the championship

Carborundum

Playing very well.  The outside of the boot pass was outrageous last night.  But there was an even better moment in the first half when four Swansea players converged on him from all points of the compass.  Not only did he slide it through what must have been the only available gap to a teammate, he waited for the maximum sucking-in effect to do it.  The amount of space that creates is so telling, so punishing. 

Twig

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on September 30, 2021, 02:32:23 PM

I'd imagine it will only be activated if we go up, there's no way we will be able to afford his wages for another season in the championship

If we fail to go up (perish the thought), then the extension might be triggered just to maximise a transfer fee.

General

He does his job for us very effortlessly and seamlessly  to. I paid attention to him particularly yesterday and he did all the simple stuff really well and just kept the ball ticking over.

What marks him out though is that he does it in almost every situation seamlessly even when surrounded by players. Just need to give him a small bit of space.

Tonywa

Quote from: Jim© on September 30, 2021, 01:27:21 PM
Seri has been very good this season and last night, when under pressure was just so calm and collected, he really impressed me.

He was put into quite a bit of bother by short balls from the two CBs in the main but just dealt with them, easily laying the ball off first time or once or twice there were fairly outrageous 'spun off the outside of his foot' type touches to get out of trouble. His passing stats are really high considering the type of pass he's having to deal with.

His range of passing is excellent, his touch is superb and his workrate is up with the best of them. Amazingly he's quite decent in the air too, winning a good few headers that you'd not expect.

I really like him and think that Silva takes some definite credit for getting him playing again to a level that, in my mind, makes him pretty undroppable.

He was superb last night and Ivor on his Facebook group called his performance 'a masterclass'. BTW Watching Zambo Anguissa on TV playing for Napoli shows what a wonderful player he can be when on form.  Would that he was still at the Cottage.

bog

All down to our new manager's approach.   :54:

092.gif 

FulhamStu

Just goes to show how a coach can get the best out of players.  Really interesting comment above about the wasted £100M.  Mitro/Anguissa/Seri/Mawson/Bryan were the big buys and all currently strong assets on our books. How much are they all worth to us  currently?   Maybe the wrong players at the wrong time.

bencher

Quote from: FulhamStu on October 01, 2021, 09:26:14 AM
Just goes to show how a coach can get the best out of players.  Really interesting comment above about the wasted £100M.  Mitro/Anguissa/Seri/Mawson/Bryan were the big buys and all currently strong assets on our books. How much are they all worth to us  currently?   Maybe the wrong players at the wrong time.

I think it is important to mention that they are effective players in the Championship, but the money was spent for them to be effective players in the PL, and most of them have not convinced at that level.