News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Nearly-goal of the season?

Started by bog, October 01, 2021, 09:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

V Swansea I wish to nominate the move in the first half that BDR put over the bar with just the keeper to beat as the Nearly-Goal of the Season....so far. A brilliant move the length of the pitch and with a bit more composure a stunning goal would have been registered.   

Thank you and good night 

092.gif

Jim©

That was a sensational move, from one end to the other in the blink of an eye.

However, if Muniz's shot from inside his own half had gone in, I'd imagine that'd be the one being replayed over and over again. Quick thinking from the youngster.

bog

Quote from: Jim© on October 01, 2021, 10:08:56 AM
That was a sensational move, from one end to the other in the blink of an eye.

However, if Muniz's shot from inside his own half had gone in, I'd imagine that'd be the one being replayed over and over again. Quick thinking from the youngster.

Yes! :54:

filham

Yes that BDR chance could have been a goal to remember, as it is it is a contender for miss of the season.

BDR and Cav. together have missed so many chances that if converted would have given us many more wins.
Really think BDR should be left out of our front three for a while, he actually plays a good game at fullback.

Jim©

Quote from: filham on October 01, 2021, 10:39:20 AM
Yes that BDR chance could have been a goal to remember, as it is it is a contender for miss of the season.

BDR and Cav. together have missed so many chances that if converted would have given us many more wins.
Really think BDR should be left out of our front three for a while, he actually plays a good game at fullback.

"Miss of the season"?! Wow.
Ball coming across at speed, running at full pelt, onto your weaker foot, bobbles prior to contact and from just inside the box and it's a miss of the season? We've missed 20 easier chances I'd say already. Mitro's header from Wilson's cross being a good example.

However, I 100% agree that Bobby has been pretty wasteful this season, but he's not the only one. We've missed a hatful of chances (and still the highest scorers in all 4 divisions of english football).

Carborundum

The ball wasn't sliding along the deck and the bobble was noticeable even in real time.  Electrifying move.

If he hadn't bust a gut to get there, it would arguably have been a poorly directed cross.  He's a terrific player, so versatile.  That said, it would be hard to argue that finishing is one of his best attributes.

JimOG

Quote from: Carborundum on October 01, 2021, 11:05:10 AM
The ball wasn't sliding along the deck and the bobble was noticeable even in real time.  Electrifying move.

If he hadn't bust a gut to get there, it would arguably have been a poorly directed cross.  He's a terrific player, so versatile.  That said, it would be hard to argue that finishing is one of his best attributes.

I think most of us accept this. Would you try a3-5-2 with BDR on right & Robinson left? You could have Reed holding, Seri freer to launch attacks and Wilson with Mitro & Muniz up top?

Carborundum

Quote from: JimOG on October 01, 2021, 11:17:18 AM

I think most of us accept this. Would you try a3-5-2 with BDR on right & Robinson left? You could have Reed holding, Seri freer to launch attacks and Wilson with Mitro & Muniz up top?
Preferably not.  Three at the back strikes me as something you decide to play on day 1 of pre-season training or not at all.  I remember a game against 'Boro some years back where we gave it a whirl.  It took Albert Adomah precisely three minutes to figure things out and the ball was in the back of our net.  Dan Burn didn't have a clue.

Five at the back is a bit different.  Solid reliable and dull.  We shouldn't be doing that either, but it was a case of needs must on Wednesday night.

Jim©

Quote from: Carborundum on October 01, 2021, 11:49:07 AM
Quote from: JimOG on October 01, 2021, 11:17:18 AM

Preferably not.  Three at the back strikes me as something you decide to play on day 1 of pre-season training or not at all.  I remember a game against 'Boro some years back where we gave it a whirl.  It took Albert Adomah precisely three minutes to figure things out and the ball was in the back of our net.  Dan Burn didn't have a clue.

Five at the back is a bit different.  Solid reliable and dull.  We shouldn't be doing that either, but it was a case of needs must on Wednesday night.

I think it would be crazy to change the system that we'r currently using. Even in the games where we haven't won, you could argue that with the chances we had, we should have won.
So, for a team that's top goalscorers in the top 4 divisions, most chances created in top 4 divisions and conceding less than a goal per game, it clearly ain't broke...