watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Coventry

Started by Andy S, October 01, 2021, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Quite often when a team gets beaten heavily as Coventry did on Wednesday night, the following game ends up nil nil. Is that what we are expecting tomorrow?

General

I just want to see more consistency from the team and settle into a rhythm after what was an inconsistent and pretty poor 4 or 5 games before last weekends win (which wasn't the most convincing in itself goals aside).

I would be happy with a 1-0, 2-1 win. Reading the Coventry board they seem a bit shaken up by their loss and uncertain about what it means. Some think they'll be happy with a draw and focused on mitros performance and their shocking defending against Luton (forgetting to mention Wilson, neeskens or BDR).. whilst others have noted that we're not as amazing as early season platitudes suggested (which I think we'd all agree) and that if they have a go they'll do well enough to make it a close fought game.

Their fans have also noted though that they have quite an expansive pitch all considered, which may end up suiting us well - plus it seems one of their key midfielders in Hamed or Hamer? (Can't remember specific name) looks like they may be out and will leave a gap for them.

Would keep the same team as last match, though we need to find the proper balance in the middle of the park I think and maybe rodak in goal. Still get nervous having Gazzaniga in goal.

Lighthouse

Coventry playing at home seem to be a different proposition. They seem to have found form. But after a big defeat I have a feeling we will hope for a draw. But as I am notoriously poor at predictions. I expect a defeat, hope for a draw and as Coventry were just beaten badly they are bound to bounce back.

Fulham to win 4-1 then and confuse us all. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jim©

Why would we hope for a draw when we're playing a team that's just been done over by an average team by 5 goals?
I fully expect us to win the game with some ease (famous last words)- we've brushed aside better sides than these this season.
The Hamer guy who is missing for them is a very tidy player- glad he won't be lining up against us.

General

Quote from: Jim© on October 01, 2021, 02:55:46 PM
Why would we hope for a draw when we're playing a team that's just been done over by an average team by 5 goals?
I fully expect us to win the game with some ease (famous last words)- we've brushed aside better sides than these this season.
The Hamer guy who is missing for them is a very tidy player- glad he won't be lining up against us.

You say average but Luton are actually currently 9th and doing quite well as well as beating 4th in their most recent match 5-0. Don't be confused by any pre determined biases you have of them.

General

Also should be noted coventrys games to date in the league haven't been against particularly strong, in form sides.

Lordedmundo

We should expect a win - simple as that.

Whitestone

Of course we should expect a win. These things don't always go to plan though, but a bit a positivity goes a long way. We're going there on the back of a good win with a decent squad so I can't really see the reason for pessimism.

Rupert

To reinforce the OP, I recall on quite a few occasions in the past, after we've had a tonking, we have played our socks off and gained credible draws or surprise wins at our next home game.

Football, it's a funny old game, according to some.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

WindyCity

Finnans Right Peg

Their confidence must be shot ,let get at them from kick off get an early goal and their heads will drop

davew

Everything points to an easy win for us, but we know what Fulham are capable of!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

HamsterWheel

You can get better than evens for a Fulham win. I'm having some of that.

grandad

I don´t just expect a win, I demand one. However, remember what Fulhamish is all about.
Where there's a will there's a wife

rusty shackleford

Opportunity to go top and put the pressure back on Bournemouth.... of course we are gonna lose

jayffc

Quote from: rusty shackleford on October 02, 2021, 11:04:52 AM
Opportunity to go top and put the pressure back on Bournemouth.... of course we are gonna lose

Under Parker this was the case all too often in our promotion season

Let's see how we go today

Also
Just seen their home form being hyped up

Haven't played anyone decent yet imo so this their first proper home test. Let's hope we show em a proper away performance

_Putney_

I still think it could end nil nil.

WindyCity

HT

Very unimpressive to say the least.  Coventry looks to score.  Wide open midfield and dodgy backline.  FFC looks vulnerable.  Need to tighten up second half.

COYW!!

Stoneleigh Loyalist

That rain and wet pitch is a great leveller and it is a case of making the most of the conditions. Our passing game is being made to look very ordinary and slow turning defenders are a worry.

HamsterWheel

Luckily I cashed in after we went 1-0 up! Woeful defensive performance today.