watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Very well played Coventry!!!!

Started by davew, October 02, 2021, 02:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Fighting spirit after their 5 nil defeat and where was our spirit today, complete farce. Ok the penalty shouldn't have been given but we capitulated, only 3 of our players maybe 4 wore the shirt with some pride today as for the rest  064.gif 064.gif

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SP

Have to agree & a decent crowd to see it.

And, if Tom Daley is looking for a new partner.......

Nick Bateman

Good dive by cheating northerners. They have no shame and yet another rubbish anti-Fulham referee is one of the reasons we are not top. They should all be sent to Coventry, IMO.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

ChesterTheTabby

I thought Coventry were brilliant throughout, and although this was the worst game all season we've played and hopefully will play, they were incredible. Fast, agile, strong, tenacious, and defensively sound. Well played to them and deserving the 3 points. Would love to see them promoted tbh.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

WhiteJC

Coventry haven't lost a home game so far this season so it was always going to be a tough game however they deserved their win, another bad day at the office for us.

keithh

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nick Bateman on October 02, 2021, 03:00:05 PM
Good dive by cheating northerners. They have no shame and yet another rubbish anti-Fulham referee is one of the reasons we are not top. They should all be sent to Coventry, IMO.

Cannot agree about cheating northerners as Coventry is in the Midlands Batesy, agree they have no shame, agree that the referee was a dog end, cannot agree that they should be sent to Coventry as they are already there.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on October 02, 2021, 02:55:58 PM
Fighting spirit after their 5 nil defeat and where was our spirit today, complete farce. Ok the penalty shouldn't have been given but we capitulated, only 3 of our players maybe 4 wore the shirt with some pride today as for the rest  064.gif 064.gif

Completely agree, can you pure me a straight Gin, and have a large one yourself Dave. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

LittleErn

Coventry is NOT in the North of England. It is in the midlands.

davew

MartyFFC

They take the lead by cheating and people are swooning at them, each to their own I guess

SP

Quote from: MartyFFC on October 02, 2021, 04:51:27 PM
They take the lead by cheating and people are swooning at them, each to their own I guess

It's still a mystery to me why the referee's assistant wasn't consulted, he had the perfect view but the ref didn't give himself any thinking time?

grandad

They were the better side. However, how that cheating diver of theirs can sleep at night & the incompetent ref as well I do not know. That was the game turning point. The ref also ignored the body check on Mitro in a dangerous position. His bosses in their untouchable coven will just say to him, "You cocked up there son , but never mind you will ref next week.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SP

Quote from: grandad on October 02, 2021, 04:57:04 PM
They were the better side. However, how that cheating diver of theirs can sleep at night & the incompetent ref as well I do not know. That was the game turning point. The ref also ignored the body check on Mitro in a dangerous position. His bosses in their untouchable coven will just say to him, "You cocked up there son , but never mind you will ref next week.

Had to laugh when the SKY pundit claimed he had won the penalty, that's alright then........

ron

Quote from: LittleErn on October 02, 2021, 04:41:50 PM

....does that mean that Watford isn't in the Midlands then?

LittleErn

Quote from: ron on October 02, 2021, 09:57:23 PM
Quote from: LittleErn on October 02, 2021, 04:41:50 PM

....does that mean that Watford isn't in the Midlands then?

I don't care where Watford is. I live in Yorkshire and it would offend most Yorkshiremen to be put in the same region as Coventry. Owt south of the Humber is where you soft Southerners live. In any case Northerners never cheat - they're sometimes a bit rough, but that's not cheating. Cheating is Midlanders throwing themselves down. A true Northerner would always stay on his feet as long as possible and would consider falling down to be a sign of weakness (unless it follows 8 pints of proper ale with a head on it)!

MartyFFC

The north of England starts in Sheffield, and the south starts in Milton Keynes surely; with anything in between being the midlands

Fernhurst

Yeah, but only one decent goal out of the four. Cracker by the on loan guy.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Nick Bateman

Northern divers charged as guilty by the EFL. Told you so...
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"