Given the manager
Given the investment
Given the ref

Worse than Swansea away when we were relegated to the 4th division

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

cookieg

Two unfortunate goals but we just rolled over. I can handle losing if we have been completely outplayed but we caused our own downfall from a fairly comfortable position.

Texas White

I usually allow 24 hours to calm myself before posting. But that is without doubt the worst performance I have seen in a long time. Bad in the first half, worse in the second. Manager and team... shocking

Fulham 442

Quote from: cookieg on October 02, 2021, 03:20:42 PM
Two unfortunate goals but we just rolled over. I can handle losing if we have been completely outplayed but we caused our own downfall from a fairly comfortable position.
First one a defensive cock up, second one not a pen but given, third one just a good goal...Didn't see the fourth as I took the dog out!

Denver Fulham

We shipped six vs Hull some years back but I think this was more embarrassing.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Denver Fulham on October 02, 2021, 03:30:17 PM
We shipped six vs Hull some years back but I think this was more embarrassing.
Hull's goals were all in the second half too!

MartyFFC

Reminded me of Kit Symons' tenure in that second half. Utterly pathetic/spineless

bog

They lost 5-0 in the week to little Luton: we will be alright here lads goes round the dressing room. Their equaliser is in the top three of most stupid and pathetic goals conceded. An utter farce.  :031: :doh: :031: :doh: :016:

This is a few Coventry fans:   064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif       

Dunstable Fulham

Didn't get to see the game as volunteering in the nursing home where my wife is a resident. Was following the game via the match centre updates and have just watched the goals back. We have to learn from this and quickly. The firs t tow goals changed the game and they were ridiculous to be honest.
I was at the Hull away game in 2013-14 season. It was embarrassing in the extreme. The goals all came in the second half but the tone had been set by a totally inept display in the first half. It sounds as though the first half performance today was poor and thunder the time.
Our midfield doesn't look strong enough and if the front three don't work hard and defend from the front we are prone to these results.
Wilson's gone from being a world beater to struggling to get in an under 11 team . Just can't work it out at all.

Dunstable Fulham

davew

Agree Basrab, but there have been plenty of others in the last 70 years, mind you I didn't see many of them in the early 1950's (born 1951).
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

It certainly is a conundrum and I just cannot make out how a professional team can lose their shape so easily, and drop their heads so easily. When conceding goals so quickly and unnecessarily which could have been avoidable, it is important to keep your discipline steady the ship and regroup as at the time we were only 2 1 down with at least a half hour to go. So for the next ten minutes in that atmosphere away from home, you stay solid and stop the rot and use the time to create a base to launch yourselves back in the game.
But instead we clearly allowed those set backs to effect our discipline and we were giving away cheap fouls with a complete loss of leadership and direction, we were like chickens with our heads cut off. Completely unprofessional reaction from most of the team which indicates a fragile mentality in a number of players. Another issue I have noted is the lack of communication from player to one another, not just today, but in other matches this season, this needs to be addressed.
Also why was Kebano substituted, why was Cav brought on when he is a busted flush and reduces us to ten men and a passenger.
More questions than answers and plenty for the manager and players to reflect on.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

It's a big two weeks for the manager to identify his best 11. Seri is a nailed on starter these days IMO but Silva thought otherwise.  I can understand his decision making re: Tosin. Possibly to remind him that he isn't indispensable after his lapse against Swansea. Silva's attacking style is pleasing but he must find a way to balance attack with defence. We need to be much more solid than we've been in recent weeks to have any chance of top two.

H4usuallysitting

We didn't look balanced today or Coventry were playing with 13 player's

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 02, 2021, 09:12:30 PM

It did look like they had more players on the pitch than Fulham, and that was due to the fact unlike us they were supporting the man on the ball, we were not. They were creating space for themselves and their team mates, we were not.
They worked harder on and off the ball, we did not. Each one of the Coventry players concentrated on winning their own battles, we did not. They were up for it, we were not.
There just cannot be any excuses for this performance.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 02, 2021, 09:26:14 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on October 02, 2021, 09:12:30 PM

It did look like they had more players on the pitch than Fulham, and that was due to the fact unlike us they were supporting the man on the ball, we were not. They were creating space for themselves and their team mates, we were not.
They worked harder on and off the ball, we did not. Each one of the Coventry players concentrated on winning their own battles, we did not. They were up for it, we were not.
There just cannot be any excuses for this performance.

Agree. Coventry worked harder, out fought us and got their rewards. We just didn't match them for commitment today.

Andy S

Pretty poor second half. If we played like that every week we would be relegated. I think the weather conditions didn't help either but there is no excuse for that pathetic performance

filham

Terrible, it is usually the type of performance that immediately precedes the sacking of a manager.
Of course in this case Silva has time to recover, he should consider himself lucky.

Lighthouse

Not depressing but very embarrassing. In the days we struggled in the lower leagues we had moments of pride. Yesterday was the first time I felt embarrassed by a display.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope