more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If the Football League had a backbone they would issue

Started by Baszab, October 03, 2021, 01:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Quote from: grandad on October 03, 2021, 01:27:44 PM
By rights their diver should have got a red card. Down to 10 men with most of the half to go I am sure we could have got something out of the game. Surely there can be a retrospective ban. A disgrace if this is not possible. It is the only way we can irradicate this cheating.
grandad I'm with your theory and outlook , but he can't give a red card for that , the laws of the game do not not provide for such a decision . When I was reffing there were only three things quantified a red card and I'm sure it not much different now. They were — persisting in misconduct after having received a caution ( yellow card ) . Foul and abusive language, and serious foul play.
      But I see where your coming from and that infuriates me also , even if one of out players do it.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

rebel

Quote from: Logicalman on October 04, 2021, 10:56:41 AM
Quote from: bobby01 on October 03, 2021, 08:36:27 AM
I accept that refs get things wrong. What I do not accept however is the serial failures of certain referees that have no outcome that affect them. Can you remember the last time a ref was demoted for a while, I cannot.

Mike dean 2017/18 season, following poor Liverpool derby and United/West Ham matches. Had to officiate in the Championship for a short while, and it was all very public.

The Ref wasn't even 'Isthmian' League, more like under 5's, Sunday park league.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rebel on October 04, 2021, 09:54:49 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 03, 2021, 09:27:24 AM
The Football League rarely do have a backbone, and yes referees and linesman do bottle it also, and yesterday s linesman definitely did, which is basically cheating.
But the real cheats are the players in this day and age. They want it both ways, they want to cheat to get a decision go their way, and then complain when an opponent cheats against them. That has been the toxic culture more so since the Premiere League was formed.
How many times do you see a player including keepers go down during a match pretending to be injured, are they all made of glass, no shame and a very sick habit. But that is the culture now which has been allowed to fester by the football authorities and the current head of refereeing.
They spend ages at meetings discussing the opening of an envelope, and their highest priority is to discuss what's on the menu at the next football banquet.
Nevertheless the real culprits are the players and coaches of clubs who orchestrate to try and win penalty's, free kicks, and influence referees to caution or dismiss an opponent. That is the root of the problem.
So it is no wonder referees make mistakes because they have to determine in a matter of seconds who is cheating and who is not. Matches have become stop start stop start and broken up because players decide to go down feigning injury. I brushed passed the TV the other day and a Liverpool player fell down in agony holding his boat race, that is what football has become  a theartre of play acting, so it's not always the officials fault.
What we have to remember that during the course of a match players from both teams are in the ear of the referee whilst play is continuing to sow seeds of doubt in a refs mind, questioning everything to gain an advantage. Players are very cute as they take turns in doing it to avoid one player getting booked for dissent.
For example " ref warch their number 3 he keeps leaving his foot in after a tackle, or behind your back ref their number 5 is running his studs down the back of our number 10s leg, or he keeps holding him at set pieces" all this is to wear down a ref who may then award a decision in favour of a team over a 50/50 decision.
Imagine this going on for 90 plus minutes, not forgetting the coaching getting their three Penneth worth, all just to gain an edge.
I would favour 15 minute Sin Bins for at least dissent, that would take the sting out of a situation, as the managers won't fancy playing with ten men for 15 mins, that would put a stop to much of the nonsense referees have to endure.

Are you calling The Football League 'invertebrates'?   

Yes like an arthropod
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Baszab

colcliff

Only thing with a retrospective ban is that Coventry could lose an important player while playing another team in the promotion race and they then get a win and they Finnish 3 points ahead of us
Perhaps it would be better if they fined the players and hit them where it hurts also fine the club involved
So that it does not mess up future matches
Just a thought

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: colcliff on October 05, 2021, 09:49:34 PM
Only thing with a retrospective ban is that Coventry could lose an important player while playing another team in the promotion race and they then get a win and they Finnish 3 points ahead of us
Perhaps it would be better if they fined the players and hit them where it hurts also fine the club involved
So that it does not mess up future matches
Just a thought

Or award us the 3 points,  that would be the best deterrent against diving.