watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brighton v Arsenal / Dan Burn

Started by filham, October 03, 2021, 02:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

I watched the Brighton v Arsenal match last night which ended in a goalless draw that Brighton deserved to win.
Brightn were really solid and there back three of Duffy/Dunk/Burn in particular gave little away.

Why  on earth did we let Dan Burn leave the Cottage, I always liked him but was aware of some weaknesses but surely it was realised that these could be ironed out with experience.

Brighton by the way are two points behind top of the table Chelsea in the Premier league, bet we would have to pay a lot more money for Dan right now than we collected when he left us.

Lighthouse

You clearly saw something I never did. I thought him slow, poor at reading the game and with little long term future in the top flight. A lower league player at best. Clearly I was wrong. But that is why I think he was allowed to go.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Nero

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 03, 2021, 02:24:42 PM
You clearly saw something I never did. I thought him slow, poor at reading the game and with little long term future in the top flight. A lower league player at best. Clearly I was wrong. But that is why I think he was allowed to go.

People saw him as slow as his legs didnt move quickly but when your strides sre that long you dont have to move them quickly.

HamsterWheel

I thought they'd cloned Hangeland to make Burn and Hangeland took a while to develop into a great defender. Always thought Big Dan would too and glad to be proved right, but real shame we let him go.

St Eve

Didn't Felix play him at full back and he was absolutely destroyed and his confidence was completely shattered

Twig

Quote from: St Eve on October 03, 2021, 07:56:54 PM
Didn't Felix play him at full back and he was absolutely destroyed and his confidence was completely shattered

Yes I remember that. Strangely he has since flourished in just that role.

filham

Always remember that game at Old Trafford in a relegation season when Man U. peppered our box with continuous crosses and Dan dealt with all of them with ease. Probably his best game for us.

LC

I always liked Dan Burn. I thought he would kick on and play for a much bigger team. Anyhow, that didn't work out but he turned into a decent PL player. Always saw him as a natural replacement for Hangland.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I wish Dan Burn had been retained and is playing for Fulham our loss is Brighton's gain.
Always liked him, as I liked Cauley Woodrow and Dave Stockdale, and then I look at some of the dead wood we bought and kept since those three left I despair.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Brawn

People forget how young Dan Burn was. We sacked him when he was only 23...! He has turned himself into a quality PL player and I reckon he would walk into our team above Ream nowadays.

(I also have a massive crush on him. Sorry Dan. I know you're married.)

Brawn

Quote from: Twig on October 03, 2021, 08:26:15 PM
Quote from: St Eve on October 03, 2021, 07:56:54 PM

Yes I remember that. Strangely he has since flourished in just that role.

... sort of. He has played on the left side of a back 3 and used to play at LB in his early career. Magath played him at RB, where he's never been before or since.