News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone going to the Eng - Hungary game tomorrow?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, October 11, 2021, 12:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Just asking out of interest to see if Fulham fans go along to Eng Internationals.

I've got my ticket and am looking forward to a visit to Wembley.

General

Haven't been to an England game, want to someday but has never been much of a priority.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes I shall be there with my sons and some friends.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rebel

Radiowhite

Lighthouse

Sadly have no interest in the game at all. If it is on tv and there is nothing else on I will watch it. But frankly International football is mostly so dull and slow that it makes it an uncomfortable watch.

Saying all that I hope the game is entertaining and it is a good night.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

I wont watch England until the big nosed gimp is no longer in charge.

filham

Always have a lot of respect for Hungary as I recall that brilliant team that took an unbeaten home record away from England. Up until then we always believed that England were by far the best team in the world.

fulhamfever

I respect those who wanna go. My 2 cents is simple boring boring boring manager and boring style of play.

Cambridge Pete

I am a parochial sort of person. In over 72 years I have been to see England three times. Twice in 1966 (sadly not the final) and once when Keegan was in his pomp. Have been to about ten games not involving Fulham usually as a guest. Might watch if on the TV and Mrs C is happy. Only really interested in Saturdays game against the HaHa's and crossing everything for three points.

MartyFFC

I think the biggest talking point of the game will in all probability be the Hungary fans booing the taking of the  knee, before dishing out some racist chants towards our black players as per usual

filham

Half time 1-1 with Hungary playing well and giving England a tough match. Looking as if we may win by a tackle on Grealish that he turns into a penalty award.

Whitestone

Quote from: fulhamfever on October 12, 2021, 10:54:45 AM
I respect those who wanna go. My 2 cents is simple boring boring boring manager and boring style of play.

Couldn't agree more. Tonight's game confirmed your comments.

filham

Well played Hungary, a well deserved point. Some blood and thunder from England in the last ten minutes that could have earned 3 points but earlier they spent long periods demonstrating they were masters of Parker Ball.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Whitestone on October 12, 2021, 09:43:41 PM
Quote from: fulhamfever on October 12, 2021, 10:54:45 AM

Couldn't agree more. Tonight's game confirmed your comments.
Glad I never wasted £75 on that tedious rubbish... Southgate claimed he would only pick players on form and not reputation  ..... oh dear...
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Oakeshott

"I am a parochial sort of person. In over 72 years I have been to see England three times. Twice in 1966 (sadly not the final) and once when Keegan was in his pomp. Have been to about ten games not involving Fulham usually as a guest."

More or less snap. The only England game I attended was the one at Wembley when Bobby Zamora played soon after Roy became England manager.

gang

Quote from: filham on October 12, 2021, 10:38:48 AM
Always have a lot of respect for Hungary as I recall that brilliant team that took an unbeaten home record away from England. Up until then we always believed that England were by far the best team in the world.

Apparently the England players were laughing at a little fat man who played for Hungary, before the game. His name Ferenc Puskas, they didn't laugh after the game, he ripped them apart.

Motspur Park

Cannot believe that Grealish was taken off at a time when Kane, Sterling, Mount and Foden were left, none of whom were playing well or looked likely to unlock their defense. No doubt had we got a goal, people would be lauding the decision to get the harmony right but Grealish was the only one taking the game to the opposition.

bog

As has been said why on earth was Grealish taken off? Nonsense.  :031:Then Henderson for Sterling?  :doh:

092.gif

bobby01

My wife joined me to watch the game last night, been married 46 years, first time I can remember her watching a whole game.
Every time they passed the ball back to play parkerball along the back line she shouted at the tv, "don't give them the ball they don't share "
About the only thing that amused all night. When she asked me why they do it and I explained that that was the way we used to play, she stated no wonder you used to get so annoyed watching Fulham. Out of the mouths of old biddies eh.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.