watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ally Mcoist

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, October 09, 2021, 07:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Ever so slightly biased on commentary during Sco v Isr. English commentators never do this.

cmg

Yeah, English always cool and detached.

cookieg

So a Scottish commentator is rather excited about Scotland? Well done, rather the commentators show their colours rather than sit on the fence.

Motspur Park

Quote from: cookieg on October 09, 2021, 08:20:50 PM
So a Scottish commentator is rather excited about Scotland? Well done, rather the commentators show their colours rather than sit on the fence.
Yep, I have no problem with this but I do have a problem with watching England against another nation and having the other nation being represented on English tv. Why can't it be biased. Ditto with FFC and Jim doing the commentary. Makes me laugh when I read people slating him for being biased.

Gezza

The point is he was a co-commentator used for his knowledge of the Scottish team. As long as the main commentator is un-biased I don't have a problem.

rebel

It's nothing compared to I Follow commentators (club), it's always a penalty to them, it's always a foul to them, they've always played the better football although they are 18 - 0 down in the first half etc.

If it annoys you, just switch the sound off.

bog

I do enjoy hearing when the commentator is a club's own one. Years ago when Bradford City won 4-2 at that lot down the road there were two at the mic for City. They went absolutely berserk when the 4th goal went in. Mind you so did I.  :54: :clap_hands:

092.gif

MartyFFC

lol, to be fair to Wright and Dixon that wasn't supposed to be a part of the broadcast, and was shown retrospectively for amusement. However I agree there's nothing wrong with biased commentary when it comes to international football. One of the greatest pieces of commentary of all time was a Polish fella, who was goading the likes of Maggie Thatcher after they beat us over there back in the 80's

Craven Mad

I prefer when commentators acknowledge their biases - nothing more annoying than a commentator pretending to be neutral, when everything they're saying favours the team they prefer