watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Admission Of Guilt or Glossing Over

Started by JimmyConway, October 15, 2021, 01:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyConway

Raring to go says Tim Ream? i see that as slightly hiding behind the last performance and realising position might be in doubt. He certainly was not on his own when it came to being poor in the last game and there are couple more i would be surprised to see start tomorrow especially if Tete and Chalobah are fit.

filham

Hard to guess what our starting eleven will be tomorrow. State of players returning from international duty  should have an effect but also there must be changes from the Coventry match.

ChesterTheTabby

Can we please stop hating on Tim Ream? Almost every day there seems to be some dig at him. If you think he should be dropped fine, but the bloke has been a stalwart servant to the club, he's a genuinely good human being, and the last thing I'd ever insinuate is a cover up from the man. He seems to always own mistakes of his own and the team. The amount of criticism one of our most tenured players in the current squad, with close to if not over 200 games played, is getting a wee bit out of hand.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on October 15, 2021, 02:58:09 PM
Can we please stop hating on Tim Ream? Almost every day there seems to be some dig at him. If you think he should be dropped fine, but the bloke has been a stalwart servant to the club, he's a genuinely good human being, and the last thing I'd ever insinuate is a cover up from the man. He seems to always own mistakes of his own and the team. The amount of criticism one of our most tenured players in the current squad, with close to if not over 200 games played, is getting a wee bit out of hand.

Yep. It's always been over the top and I have no idea why.

_Putney_

A friend of mine, who knows Tim Ream's cousin, said that his cousin had seen Tim using his left hand to open a bottle of water as opposed to his right hand. Does this suggest that Tim has been putting too much focus into his left hand lately? Might explain why his balance has been off.

Whitestone

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 15, 2021, 03:06:57 PM

Yep. It's always been over the top and I have no idea why.

I'm not aware of one single poster 'hating on Tim Ream' but you can call it as you perceive it. Have posters criticised the man or his commitment to the cause over the years ?. I don't think so but there has been constructive comments about his performances both positive and negative.
IMO he is behind Tosin, Mawson, Hector and Kongolo. His contribution in the 2018 promotion season
was immense but along with Odoi he was found out massively in the Prem. His performances continued to divide opinion the following season. Last season both Ream and Odoi were quite rightly isolated by Parker. Can you imagine the goals against column with these two as regulars. It's a squad game and you need squad players. That's where both fit in these days, not as regulars because we have better options.

RaySmith

0001.jpeg

Unfair to single Tim out - he's put in some top performances this season, and I don't think he alone was to blame for our last defeat.

MartyFFC

I like Ream, and agree that he's not deserving of any criticism. However, I will be more than happy to see him sitting on the bench tomorrow, which will sadly temper his apparent excitement

rebel

The issue is not picking a settled team, there isn't a understating where players can slot and perform to a really, really high standards.
Silva is tinkering when he doesn't need to, that effects performances.

Thames Bank 1

Have raised this another post, though he has played well in many games this season, he was an embarrassment against Coventry.
Bring in Mawson, and have Hector/ Konfolo on bench as back up.

Andy S

I obviously did not watch the same game as you. And for certain you have never played the game at any level either. Football is a game that requires confidence. One slip and the next time you are not doing it instinctively. You are thinking about it. That is where mistakes are made. Leave the players alone and leave the job of telling them how to play to the coaches

FFC1987

Great guy. Questionable top 2 defender. He's always been a part of why I don't think we're hitting the higher levels though.