https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just starting to calm down

Started by SouthfieldWhite, December 26, 2010, 06:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on December 26, 2010, 08:28:36 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 26, 2010, 08:19:47 PM
Not being funny N, but we are sh1t, time for a change. Now who is that bloke with the most successful Fulham record ever ?  :008:

Fredster.if only Fulham could afford you  :011: and im not too sure taining in the cafe and pub would work that well at Premiership level, plus they do drug tests in the Prem too

Seriously, theres other bigger clubs around us, take Villa for instance, Houllier joined at beginning at season and they aint doint much better, sometimes change takes time, all im saying is ive heard good things about Hughes and i believe (hoping) he will come good

Anyway i was thinking of putting a vets team( with the odd youngster) together to ruin your record as manager, im afraid these boys will be slightly better than   the  (how can i put it, i will be nice) other players youve come up against in the Surrey FFC team
I'm all over that SW, give me until may to get myself in Roy Race condition and your on. Actually what is Roy up to these days, i hear he's unhappy at Melchester.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

I was on here pre season making big noises about Sparky saying he was the man for the job,but something has gone wrong big time,there was no fight in the team,I mean no fight against a team bottom of the league and with us in with a chance of dropping into the bottom three if we lost and the team just gave up............................whats that all about?

All I ask for is for my team to fight for the shirt,I can take getting beat as long as we gave it our best,today we might as well just waved a white flag and thats the reason I say it's time for a change,before it's too late!

SouthfieldWhite

Bit of advice fredster, id take a day or 2 to think about this challenge, do you really want to lose your 100% record, as the team i will put out, there will only be one winner mate  :008:  but if youre sure, i will look forward to being the manager of ruining your perfect record :59:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on December 26, 2010, 08:39:54 PM

Bit of advice fredster, id take a day or 2 to think about this challenge, do you really want to lose your 100% record, as the team i will put out, there will only be one winner mate  :008:  but if youre sure, i will look forward to being the manager of ruining your perfect record :59:
First and foremost i'm a Fulham supporter SW, i think i've learnt about defeat by now. Must admit the last game at Motspur when our much older team turned up with hang overs and in the end lucky to put ten men on the park looked over and saw all the young uns strecting and running about we thought we'd get battered. Definately up for it, but like i said give us a few months.

Lighthouse

IF AJ had scored from two easyish chances how different life would look tonight.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

Apart from that your vets side will still be younger than us. i still remember the father in law put a vets side out " with a few youngsters" who turned out to be very tasty against my Northolt Saints side, the father inlaw accidently got a bloody nose  :dft012:  . Seriously i got him with an elbow at a corner, but 100% accident, but i still like to wind him  up about it.

FatFreddysCat

Oi Fletch when you read this start training and get Murphy off the Murphys, i've got a record to protect, unless you want to be manager for the day  :dft012:

SouthfieldWhite

One very big mistake youre making, those younguns were not my team, i was just the ref, and those younguns must of been the worst players iver ever seen (no offence lads) but my boys under 12s team would of battered them

But i appalud youre bravery, and cant wait to see your face when i roll my boys out, im looking forward to it already  :005:

Mr_Moon

We looked good up until the substitutions where we reverted to a 4-4-2 which we cannot play unless we have a presence upfront.

We also looked good when we played the ball on the deck and passed it about. You aren't going to win games by launching the ball upfield in hope of an equaliser or goal, nor are you going to win the fans over.

Ag

We can say if AJ had scored only so many times.  At some point you have to accept that the reality may be that he's not going to return to the player he once was.  22 games and counting.

The problem with Hughes as I see it is that we need more of a manager.  We need someone who can adapt and help cover up our weaknesses.  Roy did that.  Hughes seems hell-bent on running his system and his tactics, available players be damned.  And when it doesn't work, there's little to no adaptation.  Neither to our own inefficiencies nor to problems presented by the other side.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Ag on December 26, 2010, 09:11:26 PM
We can say if AJ had scored only so many times.  At some point you have to accept that the reality may be that he's not going to return to the player he once was.  22 games and counting.

The problem with Hughes as I see it is that we need more of a manager.  We need someone who can adapt and help cover up our weaknesses.  Roy did that.  Hughes seems hell-bent on running his system and his tactics, available players be damned.  And when it doesn't work, there's little to no adaptation.  Neither to our own inefficiencies nor to problems presented by the other side.

Yeah I would agree with that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 26, 2010, 08:45:54 PM
IF AJ had scored from two easyish chances how different life would look tonight.

...if my mothers sister had balls she would be my uncle - about as probable as our miniature forward with winger envy banging a goal in at the moment...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Mr_Moon

even if you fired him out of a circus cannon from the penalty spot then he still wouldn't hit the net

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Mr_Moon on December 26, 2010, 09:24:06 PM
even if you fired him out of a circus cannon from the penalty spot then he still wouldn't hit the net

No but it would be entertaining.

MJG

He would but it would be ruled offside

jarv

wow. a lot of angry people. I must admit, my day was ruined and still feel angry but let's wait a day or two. I am on Hughes side and agree with others the players are letting him down. I only saw the 2nd half but they were pathetic. Hughes needs to crucify them on the training ground this week. Work them til they drop, no matter how cold it is!
People say a team doesn't go bad so quickly. Yes they do. The league has been littered with teams that have done and we are witnessing one now. I just watched newcastle on tv. 3-1 down with 10 minutes to go. They FOUGHT for every ball. They have a new manager, what's the difference. The players who went down with them and stayed with them CARE.
I watched players today who clearly did not care. Not one bit!
I back MH, read the riot act to the players, do whatever it takes to stay in the division and clear them out. After all, most were bench warmers with other teams before Roy brought them in. That's where their future lies.