watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just starting to calm down

Started by SouthfieldWhite, December 26, 2010, 06:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthfieldWhite

No not from todays performace, where infact i thought we played well first half andhad Johnson put away an easy chance, we could all be talking differently today

No im talking about some of our fickle fans, we go 2-1 down so hughes tries and do a POSITIVE change EARLY in the second half and gets booed and chants of " you dont know what yure doin" absolute disgracefull

Yes you all pay your money and have a right to say what you think, but thats just negative, Hodgson would of waited 85 mins befor making a positive move, dEMPSEY WAS WELL UNDER PAR AND dICKSON, WELL DICKSON WAS dICKSON AND I SAID LAST SEASON HE WASNT GOOD ENOUGH

Ive been told by a few people at the club that all the players like Hughes and are behind him, it migh take a bit of time to bring in his own players but i think he will get it right, might not be pretty to start with but i wont be calling for his head until ive given him a chance

People are still slating Murphy, hes been one of our best players of late and we are defdinatly a poorer sid without him, what happened to "i stil believe" i believe you find out more about people when things are not going so well as apposed to when things are going right

The team need us right now more than ever

Tom

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on December 26, 2010, 06:58:42 PM
No not from todays performace, where infact i thought we played well first half andhad Johnson put away an easy chance, we could all be talking differently today

No im talking about some of our fickle fans, we go 2-1 down so hughes tries and do a POSITIVE change EARLY in the second half and gets booed and chants of " you dont know what yure doin" absolute disgracefull

Yes you all pay your money and have a right to say what you think, but thats just negative, Hodgson would of waited 85 mins befor making a positive move, dEMPSEY WAS WELL UNDER PAR AND dICKSON, WELL DICKSON WAS dICKSON AND I SAID LAST SEASON HE WASNT GOOD ENOUGH

Ive been told by a few people at the club that all the players like Hughes and are behind him, it migh take a bit of time to bring in his own players but i think he will get it right, might not be pretty to start with but i wont be calling for his head until ive given him a chance

People are still slating Murphy, hes been one of our best players of late and we are defdinatly a poorer sid without him, what happened to "i stil believe" i believe you find out more about people when things are not going so well as apposed to when things are going right

The team need us right now more than ever

Totally agree with you SFW! The call them fair weather fans here in the states and I can't stand those kind of fans! You stick with your team through the good times and the bad times.
Fulham for life!

LRCN

MJG

They might like him but its not really helping is it?
I always felt he was wrong for us and all the stuff he said about what a great setup we had when he arrived...well a lot of good that was when he brings in five staff and complains about the admin staff being at the training ground. I do believe that in his eyes he is slumming it here until a bigger job comes along.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: MJG on December 26, 2010, 07:06:43 PM
I always felt he was wrong for us and all the stuff he said about what a great setup we had when he arrived...well a lot of good that was when he brings in five staff and complains about the admin staff being at the training ground. I do believe that in his eyes he is slumming it here until a bigger job comes along.

Trust me MJG that is certainly not the case, if im honest im not a big fan of having too many first team coaches, but Hughes also has a reputation to keep and a relegation on your CV dosnt look good

LBNo11

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on December 26, 2010, 07:11:56 PM

Trust me MJG that is certainly not the case, if im honest im not a big fan of having too many first team coaches, but Hughes also has a reputation to keep and a relegation on your CV dosnt look good

...a relegation for Fulham now would be catastrophic, 1968 all over again and we may never get back into the premiership again - Hughes however, will get another job no matter what happens to us.

I don't give a flying about Hughes' prospects - only Fulham's...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Hazey

I feel the same way too for some unknown reason.  Hopefully I am wrong.

It's good to hear a source saying the players get along with him.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

SouthfieldWhite

I agree LB , alot of good people at the club would lose their jobs if we went down, and you only have to look at the likes of Hull , Boro etc to see its not that easy to come striaght back up, but my point was that Hughes does care

Tom

I don't give a flying about Hughes' prospects - only Fulham's...[/size]
[/quote] This is spot on!!!
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on December 26, 2010, 07:23:21 PM
I agree LB , alot of good people at the club would lose their jobs if we went down, and you only have to look at the likes of Hull , Boro etc to see its not that easy to come striaght back up, but my point was that Hughes does care
I think Hughes cares as well.
Fulham for life!

LBNo11

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on December 26, 2010, 07:23:21 PM

...to be honest SW - I don't care if Hughes hates us and the squad thinks he is the master of onanism - as long as he was getting results - which he seems incapable of doing - he is playing the tactics that don't suit this squad - this has been apparent to me for some time - and he insists on the same plan 'B' even though it has been proven not to work. Whether the players want his babies or not, they are clearly confused by his tactics - not his objectives...

SouthfieldWhite

Sometime you hav to go one step back to go 2 steps foward, we are an ageing team, im led to believe we have the highest average age in the Prem, im a big believer in ot getting rid of a manager too early, history shows this, teams that change mnager every year dont do nothing, im not saying im over the moon with our position or howwe are playing as a whole, and if im honest im mainly going on what more knowledgable people than me are telling me about Hughes

Peabody

It is all very well calling for the manager's head at this stage of the season, what would that acheive? We were lucky last time it happened, we found someone with the ability to get us out of it. That wont happen a second time. We are in trouble but we can get out of it. We have to stick with MH. OK he is not, how can I put this? he is not an outgoing personality and he carries a little too much baggage but he has a track record which indicates success at the managerial level. No one, including Martin Jol will want to take us on in our current situation, so lets stick to what we have. Sure as nuts,we can only contribute to this by supporting our team.

Dugliss

Totally agree with SW, I was cringeing with the Hughes out chants etc. I thought we were all in this together, let`s show it then. I still believe that with the injury to Bobby we would be in a similar position even if Roy was still with us. Whilst Hughes is still the manager I shall back him and support him. I`m hoping that most of the negative chants came from the young supporters that have only known the good times in the so called best league in the world. COYW

LBNo11

...I just want to make thing absolutely clear - I do support the team - whoever puts on that shirt gets my support for that 90 minutes - no matter what I think about them.

Hughes won't here me booing him or the team - it affects the players' performances - and they are largely blameless for this debacle.

But outside of the ground, on a message board I, like all of you, have a right to express my concerns; and whatever the solution is to our problems it is Hughes who has to change, to adapt, to swallow pride, to make some ballsy decisions at a time of strife - until I see that I have no faith in him - whether he stays or not.

Now prove me wrong Hughes - with deeds and actions - not some mealy-mouthed words...

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Dugliss on December 26, 2010, 07:56:35 PM
Totally agree with SW, I was cringeing with the Hughes out chants etc. I thought we were all in this together, let`s show it then. I still believe that with the injury to Bobby we would be in a similar position even if Roy was still with us. Whilst Hughes is still the manager I shall back him and support him. I`m hoping that most of the negative chants came from the young supporters that have only known the good times in the so called best league in the world. COYW

I'm a staunch Hughes doubter, but looking at the record last season sans Bobby and I think you're right - just 0.1 pts per game better than this season (watch this space, a small article is being penned).

That said, Hodgson is one of the best managers in Europe, I suspect that he knew what an achilles heel our reliance on Zamora was and had he not left for Liverpool would have sorted it out over the summer. As it was, Hughes probably gambled on not needing a replacement until the January window when he would know the squad better.

TonyGilroy

I do believe that in his eyes he is slumming it here until a bigger job comes along.

There won't be a bigger job for Hughes unless he makes a success of this one.

MJG

I should have said WAS instead of IS. I think he get he needed to get back on the horse, pod around mid table until a job came up. I agree his cv will not look good if he fails but most managers have at least one blip on the cv and I don't count city on his.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

FatFreddysCat

Not being funny N, but we are sh1t, time for a change. Now who is that bloke with the most successful Fulham record ever ?  :008:

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 26, 2010, 08:19:47 PM
Not being funny N, but we are sh1t, time for a change. Now who is that bloke with the most successful Fulham record ever ?  :008:

Fredster.if only Fulham could afford you  :011: and im not too sure taining in the cafe and pub would work that well at Premiership level, plus they do drug tests in the Prem too

Seriously, theres other bigger clubs around us, take Villa for instance, Houllier joined at beginning at season and they aint doint much better, sometimes change takes time, all im saying is ive heard good things about Hughes and i believe (hoping) he will come good

Anyway i was thinking of putting a vets team( with the odd youngster) together to ruin your record as manager, im afraid these boys will be slightly better than   the  (how can i put it, i will be nice) other players youve come up against in the Surrey FFC team