more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why has Parker had so much success?

Started by Milo, October 17, 2021, 02:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

5 points clear.

Last game against Bristol they had 74% possession, 22 shots to Bristol's 5...

Pearson described them as "the strongest team we've played against, it was like playing a Premier League game".

So why has Parker had so much success with Bournemouth this year?

I've not seen their games, but I recall he really rallied us for 10 games or so when he came in and then we started falling away when the cracks started showing and ostracising certain players like Mitrovic.

Do we think it'll follow the same pattern at Bournemouth, has anyone been watching their games and have any reflections?

bog

I have to say they looked very good in yesterday's game. There didn't seem to be any of the negative stuff we had to put up with. Emm.

092.gif

Andy S

People seem to think that because a manager seems inadequate he will always be inadequate.parker has learned by his mistakes like most of us do. He went to Bournemouth with a clean slate. Most managers fail somewhere

Ruislip White

He did his apprenticeship at Fulham, made his mistakes here and has now seemingly learnt from them.  Shame he didn't want to stay so we could actually benefit from his own personal lessons learnt at our expense.

Skatzoffc

Long way to go yet.
Plenty of time left to f up that dressing room as well
Lol
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

RaySmith

He got us up first time of asking, and at one point, after a terrible start with our defence, we looked as if we would stay up, with away wins over Leicester, Liverpool and Everton;

and even when relegation was  almost certain, we drew away at Man U And Arsenal , only awful reffing stopping us getting 3 points in both games.

Reffing that cost us quite a few important points in the season.

Bournemouth seem to have some good young players, who can play with pace, and a good balance to the side.

Tabby

Last game I saw of theirs was against Luton where they got away with daylight robbery.

Still confident that Parker is a mediocre manager and that Silva is an upgrade. It'll bear out over the season.

Penfold

Quote from: RaySmith on October 17, 2021, 03:21:00 PM
He got us up first time of asking, and at one point, after a terrible start with our defence, we looked as if we would stay up, with away wins over Leicester, Liverpool and Everton;

and even when relegation was  almost certain, we drew away at Man U And Arsenal , only awful reffing stopping us getting 3 points in both games.

Reffing that cost us quite a few important points in the season.

Easy to blame referees. I assume that you are saying we were never on the end of any fortuitous decisions?

Milo

Quote from: Skatzoffc on October 17, 2021, 02:44:21 PM
Long way to go yet.
Plenty of time left to f up that dressing room as well
Lol

My thoughts to be honest (albeit less expressive, perhaps!).

bobby01

The crunch will come when they lose a few on the bounce, I expect then he will revert to type.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

JimmyConway

There was a very decent squad there prior to Parker's arrival. Only needed a few tweaks which he seems to have done. Christie Cahill Lowe & the lad from Brentford good additions in this league. Getting a tune out of Solanke is key as no seems to be able to unlock his potential.

colinwhite

....because hes a good manager underrated by us but ultimately not the right fit for our club. Not sure why ,but he never really was as a player or trainer.

filham

Quote from: Ruislip White on October 17, 2021, 02:35:13 PM
He did his apprenticeship at Fulham, made his mistakes here and has now seemingly learnt from them.  Shame he didn't want to stay so we could actually benefit from his own personal lessons learnt at our expense.
Remember Bobby Robson, a similar situation.
Also I suspect that Bournmouth had a good squad and that was why Parker was so keen to take over .

WindyCity

Quote from: Skatzoffc on October 17, 2021, 02:44:21 PM
Long way to go yet.
Plenty of time left to f up that dressing room as well. Lol

Yup      :003:

JimOG

Quote from: filham on October 17, 2021, 04:43:04 PM
Quote from: Ruislip White on October 17, 2021, 02:35:13 PM
Remember Bobby Robson, a similar situation.
Also I suspect that Bournmouth had a good squad and that was why Parker was so keen to take over .

We'll never know what he said that so upset the Khans. Was it simply that TK needs to step away and football men do the planning? At one stage last season we looked like we might stay up after a year without a forward worth the name. I noticed that by 64th minute yesterday as I was glancing through the scores they had had 17 shots...He has inherited a pretty stable situation given the anarchy of our player aquisitions in Aug/Sept last year. They and WBA may keep us out of the automatics places - wouldn't he love that I suspect

Jules

Pains me to say it but I think Bmth are very likely to get one of the promotion spots. Good squad, quality up front and solid defence. Between us and WBA for the other auto spot. I know it's still early but the table is starting to take shape now.

General

Hang on! I've been on their forum a few times this season and their fans are happy but parkerball and the same worries we had do definitely exist and surface every now and then. Far more frequently than mentioned.

It'll be interesting to see how our players do against Bournemouth in particular- if there's any animosity towards him from players, particularly for instance mitro I'd expect them to be right up for it.

We've got a more talented squad on paper.. so we'll see.

Don't forget other teams in and around us doing well include QPR who we recently beat 4-1, Huddersfield who we beat 5-1 and Stoke who we beat 3-1. Against top teams we seem to turn up and show ourselves. I expect we will against Bournemouth.

Henry

When he returns to the Cottage some of the crowd will abuse him ( because he left Fulham ).  That's how football works !

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Still the Parker topics. Why? What is the point.
Sir Alex Ferguson had only good things to say about S P, which suggests he's not as bad as we think he was. However, he is at Bournemouth now, so why does it matter whether they're a success or a complete failure? Unless this has become a Bournemouth supporters forum?!
I don't wish S P ill, nor do I wish him success. I am completely and utterly impartial about him and Bournemouth. I hope we do the double over him, the same way I hope we do the double over all teams.
This obsession with him really needs to stop.

perry geyton

Quote from: bog on October 17, 2021, 02:27:45 PM
I have to say they looked very good in yesterday's game. There didn't seem to be any of the negative stuff we had to put up with. Emm.

092.gif
Maybe he's learnt from his mistakes