watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-same night KOs

Started by bog, October 18, 2021, 04:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Have I got this wrong but that lot down the road are also playing at home on Wednesday eve? I thought this was not allowed?  :016: :022: What with the extra traffic and 4 sets of supporters? 

092.gif

70sPimlico

Yes. Cant remember it happening.

Is that why Putney Bridge is closed at 9? Bit out of order if it is

grandad

The Blue Poo are home in CL on Wednesday & QPR are home on Tuesday.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Surprised the police are able to cope, also district line trains liable to be packed and Covid risk increased.

SP

Cardiff & that lot down the road had a bit of a rivalry after the punch ups afew years back. Guessing the travelling cardiff fans aren't judged to be a threat.

bog

My long gone father was one of that generation who often said he used to be one of those who would   'watch Fulham one week Chelsea the next.' They never used to both play at home on same day. I just hope there are no incidents on the night but I can see traffic chaos.  :doh:

092.gif   

Fulham 442

Quote from: bog on October 19, 2021, 08:29:07 AM
My long gone father was one of that generation who often said he used to be one of those who would   'watch Fulham one week Chelsea the next.' They never used to both play at home on same day. I just hope there are no incidents on the night but I can see traffic chaos.  :doh:

092.gif   
My Dad did the same Bog!  His best mate was a Chelsea fan so they used to go to both games together!  Weird how we are both playing tomorrow night though...We were due to play Derby on the 23rd November and Chelsea are at home to Juventus so we're now playing on the 24th...

bog

Quote from: Fulham 442 on October 19, 2021, 08:51:37 AM

092.gif   
My Dad did the same Bog!  His best mate was a Chelsea fan so they used to go to both games together!  Weird how we are both playing tomorrow night though...We were due to play Derby on the 23rd November and Chelsea are at home to Juventus so we're now playing on the 24th...

Fulham 442 I wish me Dad had have kept all his programmes! I also wish I had asked him about some of the older players like Frank Newton but I was too full of meself then!!!  :doh: Do you know why the Forest game is on Sunday? Sky don't seem to be covering it.

grandad

Some of my mates used to alternate between the sides playing at home but I could never bring myself to watch the Blue Poo at the Bridge unless we were playing there.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham 442

Quote from: bog on October 19, 2021, 10:26:50 AM

092.gif   

Fulham 442 I wish me Dad had have kept all his programmes! I also wish I had asked him about some of the older players like Frank Newton but I was too full of meself then!!!  :doh: Do you know why the Forest game is on Sunday? Sky don't seem to be covering it.

My Dad kept loads of his, and wrote all the subs on the team page.  Mum gave them to me when Dad died but we had to clear them out when we moved.  My youngest has our Cup Final programme from 1975 but we couldn't find the World Cup one, I think he must have posted it off to his mate in Devon.  He used to send him the Evening Standard every Saturday once he had read it!  The game on Sunday has been moved because Notts County are also at home on the Saturday.

bog

Quote from: Fulham 442 on October 19, 2021, 11:23:10 AM

092.gif   

My Dad kept loads of his, and wrote all the subs on the team page.  Mum gave them to me when Dad died but we had to clear them out when we moved.  My youngest has our Cup Final programme from 1975 but we couldn't find the World Cup one, I think he must have posted it off to his mate in Devon.  He used to send him the Evening Standard every Saturday once he had read it!  The game on Sunday has been moved because Notts County are also at home on the Saturday.

Thanks for that. I bet the County fans like that! I like to collect the programmes from the 1950's and before and also the hand books. I remember the pink Saturday Evening Standard! Nostalgia at its best!     

Twig

Quote from: bog on October 19, 2021, 12:06:19 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on October 19, 2021, 11:23:10 AM

092.gif   

Thanks for that. I bet the County fans like that! I like to collect the programmes from the 1950's and before and also the hand books. I remember the pink Saturday Evening Standard! Nostalgia at its best!     

Ah the old pink'un. My dad always used to buy a copy on Saturday evening after the match and I'd have to wait impatiently to have second read!