watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pubs in Hammersmith for Home & Away fans

Started by Bocanegra, October 20, 2021, 11:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bocanegra

Hey, hoping someone can recommend the best pub that allows both home & away fans in Hammersmith

Have the delight of meetings some friends before the game and normally drink in Putney so open to suggestions.

Closer to the ground the better really.

Cheers all

MartyFFC

The Crabtree; 10 minutes from the ground, with a sizeable beer garden

RaySmith

The Greyhound is no longer there is it?

Used to go in there after evening games, to watch bands, though wasn't much time, since they closed at 11, and i had to  get the tube home to Brixton anyway.

Bocanegra

Thanks both, will take a look at those two

Riversider

Quote from: RaySmith on October 20, 2021, 01:13:17 PM

Used to go in there after evening games, to watch bands, though wasn't much time, since they closed at 11, and i had to  get the tube home to Brixton anyway.

The Greyhound closed about 30 years ago, I take it you don't get to many matches 😁

H4usuallysitting

Wetherspoons is alright for a bit of breakfast and a sherry chaser

HillingdonFFC

Any of the King Street pubs ,Blue Anchor & Rutland on the river great when the weathers good. Duke of Cornwall lets in well behaved away fans. The Chancellor's is a great pre & post match pub, the best imho. It's predominantly home only although if there's a small group of away fans you might be ok. Ditto the City Arms on Hammersmith Bridge

Twig

Personally I'd go with the Crabtree pre match.

RaySmith

Quote from: Riversider on October 20, 2021, 01:53:00 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on October 20, 2021, 01:13:17 PM

The Greyhound closed about 30 years ago, I take it you don't get to many matches 😁

I haven't lived in London for about  30 years, and now  when i do go to home games, I  have to  get up  to a mainline train  or coach station, to get home! Before games,  I usually drink around Putney Bridge.

I thought the  Greyhound might still exist under a different name, though.

Maidstone Lee

The Chancellors in Hammersmith is a nice little home pub.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on October 20, 2021, 04:24:37 PM
The Chancellors in Hammersmith is a nice little home pub.
Good home pub generally, might be ok with a couple of discrete away fans

General

Crabtree is best near ground, on the river - there are a few. The dove (a bit further away), the Rutland and blue anchor by Hammersmith Bridge are good. The blue boat on the river as you walk from Hammersmith Bridge to the club is also good, but a bit pricier than others.