News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Doubters and Faint Hearts (Match Day Threads)

Started by Fulham1959, October 24, 2021, 08:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham1959

For several years, I have enjoyed reading through the Matchday Threads AFTER matches have ended.

Today's is an excellent example of the usual lack of patience and rushing-to-judgement - you know the sort: "For heaven's sake, get him off !! . . . oh, wait, what a brilliant strike".

I constantly find it amusing, though typical of football fans everywhere, I guess.

About 50+ years ago I was at a Stoke match shortly after Stoke had signed John Ritchie, soon to be a favourite goal-grabber.  "That Ritchie will never make a footballer", claimed a man in front of me early on in the match.  Ritchie scored a hat trick that day - true story.

Sgt Fulham

It's human nature I'm afraid. I think most of us do it, and realise the hypocrisy that comes afterwards. Funny to read, nonetheless!

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Like all those that said Seri was a waste of space and should be shipped out, who are now saying he's the best thing since sliced bread.

jarv

Standard practice to moan and complain.  All part of the fun when we come out winners.

cmg

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on October 25, 2021, 11:37:30 AM
Like all those that said Seri was a waste of space and should be shipped out, who are now saying he's the best thing since sliced bread.

Yes indeedee.
Last week, during a particularly boring PL game, I trawled back a year or so and unearthed the following gems concerning our current flavour of the month:

"not fit to wear the shirt..." (a totally overused cliche which should be reserved for those who take backhanders or set fire to the JH Stand.)
"clearly making zero effort..."
"lack of effort and professionalism..."
"doesn't want to be here..."
"we don't need Seri and won't miss him..."
"...can stay well away - bad attitude, bad influence..."
"totally unsuited to the English game and actually not that good..."
"a waste of space..."

We are all entitled to our opinions and, fortunately, all entitled to change our minds. It might, however, be advisable to be a little less dogmatic when proffering pearls of wisdom.

Keep pinging those passes, Mika, or they'll soon be on your back again.

H4usuallysitting

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HV71

Bassey the warrior

Some football fans are drama queens. I try to laugh it off and not rise to it. For example I never bought into the Seri is useless narrative and have been consistently stating the case for him to return, and what do you know, he's now swiftly turning into a fan favourite.

The phrase you're only as good as your next game applies to these sort of fans.

Snibbo