watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Forest saltiness continues ..

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, October 25, 2021, 07:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnie Lonegan

To be honest, I get a bit annoyed myself when I see some of the comments from our supporters trying to belittle other clubs.
Let's be honest, if it wasn't for Mohammed Al Fayed, we might be playing Aldershot every week by now.
I've supported a club for 60 years who have NEVER won a major trophy, and I was brought up in a family who were a bit like my club, ie potless.
So I don't appreciate being called a hooray Henry or a glory hunter, because nothing could be further from the truth.
As Fulham fans we aren't in a position to slag off a team that has already won more than Fulham have ever won or are likely to win, in my lifetime at least.
I think we have been very fortunate over the last 20 years, and the location of our club has played a massive part in that good fortune.
Yes, let's celebrate when we win, we've certainly lost more than our fair share, but let's not go over the top.

Terry Towling

Quote from: Radiowhite on October 25, 2021, 08:53:46 PM
To be fair, fair weather or glory hunters are certainly not how I would describe their fans...
That is unnecessary

Agreed and those sort of comments do us a diservice as a club and fan base. We are better than that.

Terry Towling

Quote from: Donnie Lonegan on October 26, 2021, 11:46:29 AM
To be honest, I get a bit annoyed myself when I see some of the comments from our supporters trying to belittle other clubs.
Let's be honest, if it wasn't for Mohammed Al Fayed, we might be playing Aldershot every week by now.
I've supported a club for 60 years who have NEVER won a major trophy, and I was brought up in a family who were a bit like my club, ie potless.
So I don't appreciate being called a hooray Henry or a glory hunter, because nothing could be further from the truth.
As Fulham fans we aren't in a position to slag off a team that has already won more than Fulham have ever won or are likely to win, in my lifetime at least.
I think we have been very fortunate over the last 20 years, and the location of our club has played a massive part in that good fortune.
Yes, let's celebrate when we win, we've certainly lost more than our fair share, but let's not go over the top.

Agree with this.

bog

I do get the 'ump when other clubs fan's express their contempt for MAF lifting us out of the depths. Are they telling me that they would not have greeted Mo if he had taken control of their club?  :doh:

092.gif

Whitesideup

Quote from: bog on October 26, 2021, 01:05:42 PM
I do get the 'ump when other clubs fan's express their contempt for MAF lifting us out of the depths. Are they telling me that they would not have greeted Mo if he had taken control of their club?  :doh:

092.gif
And didn't Mo get all or most of his money back? The money he put in sat in "Directors' Loans" and I think was about £180 million.. more or less what he got for the club. I'm not sure about the accuracy of those stats. But the principle was yes, he put money into the club, but it was also an investment not simply bankrolling losses. He bought an undervalued asset and his spending added value to something like the real worth of the club. So yes, I agree with you Bog ..

Southdowns White

Most clubs have their stereotypical identity, we are identified as being posh, public school educated and probably only here because we want to try the buzz of the common mans sport. The reality is, the vast majority do not live locally and are very much working class, but just like most media stories these days, 'why let the truth get in the way of a good story'.  Anyway, See you all on Saturday guys, I'll be flying in from Barbados Saturday morning then getting the helicopter taxi from Farnbourgh to Battersea where my chauffeur will pick us up and run us down to the game.

bog

Quote from: Southdowns White on October 26, 2021, 01:52:39 PM
Most clubs have their stereotypical identity, we are identified as being posh, public school educated and probably only here because we want to try the buzz of the common mans sport. The reality is, the vast majority do not live locally and are very much working class, but just like most media stories these days, 'why let the truth get in the way of a good story'.  Anyway, See you all on Saturday guys, I'll be flying in from Barbados Saturday morning then getting the helicopter taxi from Farnbourgh to Battersea where my chauffeur will pick us up and run us down to the game.

I'm not posh! West Twyford in Park Royal followed by Stanhope Secondary Modern in Greenford did for me!  :54:

092.gif   

Andy S

Clay and Bulstrode nearly killed us. The muddymen family saved us along with Jimmy Hill. That enabled Al Fayed to do his bit. We were a broken club going nowhere. With the new stand that should never happen again. We will eventually be a premier league club so let's thank the people that went before

Fulham 442

Quote from: Hatch007 on October 25, 2021, 11:15:58 PM
I did rather love this post:

Picked up on this -
'Jack Colback is a bit agricultural isn't he.'

I'm sure the only time a Fulham fan has seen anything remotely agricultural would be a land rover discovery during the school run!

👏🤣
Almost as witty as the West Ham fans singing "Does your butler know you're here?" to us!

FFCFOREVER

Their comments about posh Fulham really do crack me up. They obviously have never visited the Clem Attlee Estate. Absolute morons and the fact we smashed em 4 nothing makes the comments even more laughable.

WindyCity

Quote from: Donnie Lonegan on October 26, 2021, 11:46:29 AM

0001.jpeg

Yup

blingo

They'd have been very welcome at pineapple Lodge where I had a lot of friends when I was a kid lol

Stoneleigh Loyalist

In my part of Fulham we were posh. We had toilet paper in our outside toilets and not newspaper!

The Rock

Quote from: Southdowns White on October 26, 2021, 01:52:39 PM

Should really have your yacht bring you round to the back of the Riverside instead direct. Though it may still be under construction. Difficult times. Stay safe.

Wolf

Not really interested in rival fans' prejudices.

If Forest are so excited about their slightly larger attendances they must worship Aston Villa. Who in turn must worship Manchester United etc.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

mrmicawbers

It's Funny,people don't really believe me when I tell them what the Fulham area was like in the late fifties early sixties. We lived in a house separated into two flats with no bathroom and an outside toilet. We got a move up to Dover House Road when the New Charing Cross hospital was built and they knocked down our house in Claybooke road.I seriously believe had I stayed there much longer 
I would be in prison or dead lol.

davew

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on October 26, 2021, 03:57:14 PM
Their comments about posh Fulham really do crack me up. They obviously have never visited the Clem Attlee Estate. Absolute morons and the fact we smashed em 4 nothing makes the comments even more laughable.
We were lucky though (lol) as Tommy Trinder used to say!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: mrmicawbers on October 26, 2021, 07:56:22 PM
It's Funny,people don't really believe me when I tell them what the Fulham area was like in the late fifties early sixties. We lived in a house separated into two flats with no bathroom and an outside toilet. We got a move up to Dover House Road when the New Charing Cross hospital was built and they knocked down our house in Claybooke road.I seriously believe had I stayed there much longer 
Glad that didn't happen, you would have been sadly missed!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

mrmicawbers

Quote from: davew on October 26, 2021, 08:24:19 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on October 26, 2021, 07:56:22 PM
Glad that didn't happen, you would have been sadly missed!!
Cheers Dave glad someone cares

ALG01

oh dear that is the saddest set of comments I have seen in ages. it is grown up enough not to be millwall style abuse but so stupid that they don't realise their team was  pathetic. if grabban would have equalised it may have been different. the ref was poor for both we had a clear pen in the first half ignored when mitro's shirt was pulled off his back, their man should have got a second yellow... we took our chances they didn't.

the only time they were any good as a club was when clough was there, before and after they were a nothing team. notts co have the heritage.

i have nothing against forrest but dislike those comments because they are pathetic, using the word correctly.