watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Recommended video on Youtube - take me home rendition at Hamburg

Started by southwest6, October 26, 2021, 09:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southwest6

And thought i'd share: remains as one of my favourites. I dream of a european tour.......

gang

General

Have to be honest - whilst it's the closest thing to a fulham anthem we have I never knew of it when we were at Loftus Road and can't remember ever hearing it despite being a season ticket holder and find it odd that we A) sing it still B) at the least haven't changed the lyrics...

We're home
Al Fayed is no longer our owner.

At the very least it should be 'we are home, Al Fayed, in the place where we belong..' makes more sense that way even if it still has Al Fayed in it.

An extra step is 'we are home, shahid Khan, in the place...'... but only minor issue anyone could take with that is the fact that shahid didn't threaten the clubs location.. but could be seen as a reminder that we love the ground regardless and see it very much as our home.

Southdowns White

I remember that night well, in fact apart from the coach there and back we had a great trip, we arrived at the stadium at about 8.0am had morning wondering round the centre of the city with some younger supporters we met on the way to the train station, one of whom spoke German, then met friends in a bar in the Reeperbahn area. I certainly remember us all singing under the concourse at the end of the game, I can see my brother there but not me,  I have a very similar video of the same 10 minutes. Maybe there was a spontaneous outpouring of thanks and realisation that after that 0-0 result we could possibly be back two we later for the final. Great days of European football madness for our little old club.