Started by Fernhurst, October 27, 2021, 11:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

I am flying over from New York for the game. We will win

perry geyton

Quote from: Twig on October 27, 2021, 09:30:05 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on October 27, 2021, 05:16:27 PM
Quote from: Twig on October 27, 2021, 12:15:20 PM
All I know is that I am missing it because we are travelling to Lisbon for a wedding. Grrrrr
A game of football lasts a hour and a half, Lisbon is one of the best places I've been, just skip the wedding

Not that easy Perry, we are at a hotel in the middle of vineyards out near Setubal so I can't just slip off to a local bar. Will have to discretely watch the match day thread unfolding on my phone.
Fulhamtv just pay for the one game
Win Win

filham

On form I would think the most likely result is a 1-1 draw with both managers being very cagey and setting up their teams to avoid a defeat.
However anything can happen, just a bit worried that we had some luck last week and we may be a bit overdrawn in that respect right now.

Andy S

No I'm a firm believer in you make your own luck so let's make some more

Fulham 442

Quote from: perry geyton on October 28, 2021, 06:22:30 PM
All I know is that I am missing it because we are travelling to Lisbon for a wedding. Grrrrr
A game of football lasts a hour and a half, Lisbon is one of the best places I've been, just skip the wedding

Not that easy Perry, we are at a hotel in the middle of vineyards out near Setubal so I can't just slip off to a local bar. Will have to discretely watch the match day thread unfolding on my phone.
Win Win
Sadly not as the game is being televised on Sky. 

Radiowhite

Quote from: filham on October 28, 2021, 06:33:09 PM
On form I would think the most likely result is a 1-1 draw with both managers being very cagey and setting up their teams to avoid a defeat.
However anything can happen, just a bit worried that we had some luck last week and we may be a bit overdrawn in that respect right now.
Fortunately that is not how luck works

Twig

Quote from: perry geyton on October 28, 2021, 06:22:30 PM

Win Win

I'm in a hotel, not sure they'd pay to subscribe to FFC TV! (Even if it were available).

JEEVES

Quote from: filham on October 28, 2021, 06:33:09 PM

Nah, I think Silva goes into every game in this league to win the game. There's no "every man behind the ball if we take the lead". It's more like "if we take the lead, go straight for the kill" I love it.

copthornemike

Make sure that any towels around the penalty area are removed throughout the match - they like to use them to assist their long throw tactic.
Let's hope Ream and Rodak are on top of their game when the ball is hurled into our penalty area, and importantly our midfield pick up the second balls! Also a quick start with a couple of Mitro goals will not go amiss!
A nervy 2-1 home win for me, with WBA getting a goal on 70-80 minutes and pinging long balls until extra time is over.

OtherHodgson

FYI the match will be available via the ESPN app which I believe offers a reasonable monthly fee. With the right VPN set up should be able to watch it from Portugal.

COYW!

filham

Quote from: copthornemike on October 28, 2021, 11:40:19 PM
Make sure that any towels around the penalty area are removed throughout the match - they like to use them to assist their long throw tactic.
Let's hope Ream and Rodak are on top of their game when the ball is hurled into our penalty area, and importantly our midfield pick up the second balls! Also a quick start with a couple of Mitro goals will not go amiss!
A nervy 2-1 home win for me, with WBA getting a goal on 70-80 minutes and pinging long balls until extra time is over.
[/quote

Mitro will be used to help deal with the long throws and with Tosin we should manage that threat. The important thing is that we get our midfield and attack working well. Surely Mitro/Wilson/Cairney will be able to cause them problems. We have to be looking for two or three goals.

General

It's been a weird build up to the game.

The noises from the west brom manager and players are very much downplaying the importance of the result and that its very much a season focus. Obviously a fair point but if you're fighting it out for an automatic spot surely you'd be up for this and excited to prove yourself.

Just a brief look at the West brom fan board though is surprisingly negative given their position and only one point between us.

A few of their fans have suggested a 3-1 loss for them..

Is there really that much difference? Surely in this league you've got to believe and play the game in front of you.

We've improved a lot and are getting stronger but have lost three games.

Will be an interesting game that's for sure. Forest was meant to be a big challenge, one which we were very clinical in and a bit lucky.. do we honestly think West brom will be the same?

I'd be very surprised if they were.

ChesterTheTabby

They're being humble and preparing for the possibility of the worst case scenario, but no sir, this won't be an easy game and the Baggies could well and truly beat us on our own patch tomorrow. They have a talented manager and a cohesive and skilled squad. I have no idea how tomorrow will turn out, and in fact, I actually can't read this one at all for a hunch of an outcome. It'll be whichever team truly turns up, and if both do, than the luck of the green that separates us if there is to be a winner. If one team doesn't put in the effort or has an off day, the other will punish them.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

The Rock

Of our last 6 meetings we've won once, drawn the other 5.

I do think that we are better than we have been recently with MS and also think the team is a bit more ambitious than it has been, so will go for a 1 goal victory.

Sgt Fulham

6-1 Fulham. Extremely arrogant and unfounded, but I feel it in my bones!

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on October 29, 2021, 06:31:02 PM
6-1 Fulham. Extremely arrogant and unfounded, but I feel it in my bones!

I'll take a hip replacement please!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

rebel

St Eve

Quote from: St Eve on October 27, 2021, 10:15:19 PM
Quote from: St Eve on October 27, 2021, 10:15:19 PM
As predicted. Great to see another Mitro hatrick